Dwarf Fortress Succession game

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

What was the final death toll, and did any of the named dwarfs die?
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

I think that the final death toll was 13. There was a migrant wave right before that, so the change in population wasn't devastating. I don't think any of the named dwarfs died.
Sadly those 13 pretty much comprised the entire army at the time, so I'll have to remake it before my year is up.
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

How's the Pit of Despair doing?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

What do you mean by Pit of Despair?
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

The huge lava hole.
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

On second thought, never mind.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Sorry I haven't exactly been doing anything with this for nearly a month. I've been doing other stuff recently, but will try and finish up my year next weekend.

As for that lava pit, things have been doing fine, I guess. It hasn't really been my primary concern, though.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

No worries. James wasn't exactly ready to take his turn yet anyways, so spreading out your updates suits me just fine. Allows me to savor the game and such.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

So, I think "next weekend" has past. I don't mean to rush you or anything. I was just hoping to be dwarfing again by now.
That's how this works right? After James, we start the rotation over again? ...or does he just burn the place to the ground as his final act?

(I just noticed, "burn the place TO THE GROUND" is a poor choice of words.)
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I should be skipped. Dwarf fortress is enough fun to push itself to the top of the very long list of things-that-I-am-supposed-to-be-doing-but-that-I-procrastinate-instead ... but I shouldn't LET it push itself there.
Valigarmander
Slime Knight

Post by Valigarmander »

The last time I tried a succession game, a Bronze Colossus made its way to the entrance, slaughtered the guards, and somehow got stuck, completely disrupting the fortress since all the dwarves would run in fright from it standing at the entrance. Everyone either starved or went mad, and those stuck outside got killed by goblins.

Here's hoping your game is just as fun.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

--Late Winter, 1053--
I somehow have not had the time to write down anything new relating to my now nearly-finished reign over this fortress. Given that the year is almost at its close, however, I should take the time to go over what has happened in the three seasons since my last journal entry.

One thing that did not happen, sadly, were immigrants. Whether it was because of the 20something that have been killed so recently or just that we're on flatlands, I don't know.

A dwarf that had a strange mood at the end of Spring decided not to pick up anything, despite everything wanted being on hand. The workshop Unib was using had to be walled up temporarily.
Shortly afterwords, one of the bedridden dwarfs got a strange mood of their own. Sadly the dwarf in question died from infection, probably incurred from dragging oneself across bare floors.
A human caravan arrived in the interim, bearing goods (which we traded for our mediocre crafts) and a diplomat, whom I spoke with only shortly. Given that my room was still not up to snuff I had a right to be miserable at the time.
Image I ordered the construction of three new rooms: a better-located stockpile for all the wood that's been cut down, a place to keep all the coins somebody went and minted, and a kitchen to make more stuff. I also went and ordered a huge amount of ground to be cut out, so that we could easily expand on our stockpiles on this floor, rather than having to maneuver around what we have below. (Plus, my new miners needed the experience).
In autumn, the dwarf caravan. I bought up all the short swords and paid for them with crafts, as usual.
Those last three months passed quickly. Ore veins were cut into, roads were built to the edge of the map, and a prison was constructed. Three kobold thieves were chased off the map, we're on track to have three extremely skilled miners by next year, and everything is pretty much set for our military to be replaced the next time our population grows. All in all a relatively peaceful counterweight to our disastrous spring.
With that, I step down from my position.
- Pheonix, baronness of Slimeromances.
(Link to download, if I did things right)
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Eghad, that game sure looks good.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

This is sort of odd: I downloaded the file and found out the dwarves I named after myself and James are lovers.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Scandalous!
*laugh*