Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Don't forget Kid Icarus... Most neglected series ever, but Pit still managed to make it in because he's such a unique character and had a spot in Nintendo history.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Pit is less famous than the Eggplant Wizard, IMO, thanks to Captain N. (In the game, the Eggplant Wizard is actually only a minor recurring enemy, but let's give it some credit for being the most annoying minor recurring enemy in video game history.)

I'd love to play as Eggplant Wizard.
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

Hector in Brawl sounds pretty awesome! Having Hector and Lyn as playable characters I think, would make the game interesting if the idea was considered.

As for Golden Sun characters being playable characters... if Issac and Felix WERE to be in Brawl... would they be completely mute when you use them, but when the CPU uses them, then they talk?

Looks like we need a Smash Brothers Brawl thread to open up now!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

If the Eggplant Wizard is not an assist trophy I'll be shocked.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

According to what Hawk tells me, adventure mode can be played online with co-op (I'm assuming with friend codes). That pretty much seals the deal as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing can ruin this game now.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Wow, Eggplant Wizard is a name I haven't heard for awhile. I also agree that his chances of pulling through as an assist trophy are pretty good.

No one has mentioned it here yet (this thread is also on Surlaw's forums, pretty much), so I'll be the one to advertise the awesomeness that is the ability to build your own levels. As long as the interface and the available options are anything over mediocre this cannot be uncool.

I'd be a little surprised if Luigi does not return, but if he doesn't then I'm sure he'll be an assist trophy (which might be even funnier than giving him a pink alt costume). I'm also going to be kind of disappointed if Jigglypuff is cut, as I had a decent amount of fun beating the snot out of her. It was also funny to see her do that rolling attack, miss, and go flying off the stage. I think that's one of the main things that make these games so fun - there are lots of (funny) ways to commit suicide if you are not careful.

Ideas for other assist trophies? Was Blaster Master done by Nintendo? What about Tetris? It would kind of funny if you had to dodge giant tetris blocks coming down from the sky for a few seconds.

EDIT: and then about five seconds later I realized that Surlaw's big opening message was appended to the top of this, which of course gives the news about level construction. That's okay, my statement about the coolness stands.
I am Srime
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Sunsoft made Blaster Master. Though Nintendo has made plenty of Tetris games, they don't own the copyright, so there's a rights issue involved there and they'd have to pay to use it. That doesn't mean they won't do it, but it makes it slightly less likely. Personally, I think a Tetris themed stage would be incredibly cool.

I want the dog from Duck Hunt to be an assist trophy. He'd pop up, laugh at you, and hide away again. It would be just as useless as Goldeen was in Melee, but so much funnier.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Jiggs had BETTER still be in! She was one of my mains in Melee.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Along time ago, a buddy of mine told me bout the Wii Smash bros., and how it would be the Smash Bros. to end all Smash Bros. One rumor he had seen was that you would eventually be able to download levels and characters, so the game could literally be endless.

I don't know if that's real or not, but it would certainly be awesome.

I wish we got more impressive updates on the game from the site. I mean last week we didn't even get a single character feature. I'd be suprised if the majority of the cast from Melee didn't return.

And although Metroid only has one real main character, they should use some of the characters from her recent games. Alot of the new hunters in Prime 3 are pretty impressive and would make for cool brawlers.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I would love to see a Digimon make it into Brawl, just to see the sick and twisted irony of it all.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

RedMaverickZero wrote:I wish we got more impressive updates on the game from the site. I mean last week we didn't even get a single character feature. I'd be suprised if the majority of the cast from Melee didn't return.

And although Metroid only has one real main character, they should use some of the characters from her recent games. Alot of the new hunters in Prime 3 are pretty impressive and would make for cool brawlers.
Last week's updates started off with the Stage Creation feature, I'd say that makes it one of the better weeks as far as updates go.

If we get another Metroid character it should be Ridley because he's the only other character worth anything.
JSH357 wrote:Jiggs had BETTER still be in! She was one of my mains in Melee.
She's too popular for them to remove her. I am certain she'll be in the game, along with Luigi and Captain Falcon. I don't think they'll remove any of the original Smash 64 characters, except maybe Ness since Lucas seems to be pretty similar.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Ridley's a she. And yes, that would be completely awesome.
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

Mogri wrote:Ridley's a she.
Since when? Any and all information I can find says Ridley is male, and I'm pretty sure that the pirate data entries in Metroid Prime about Ridley refer to it using "he".
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

It seems so random that they're just going to suddenly bring in Lucas.
..But how awesome would it be if they re-released Mother3 for the Wii?
I think it'd be pretty awesome. Yeah?

And on the thought of new Smash Bros, I've been wishing for Mallow and Geno to show up for too long.
But Enix just won't let go of them! D:
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Yeah, I'd rather see Ridley than any of these new hunters, although I kind of doubt that. King Dedede was a pleasant surprise. How about some of the new items? I hope the banana peel has a large enough effect to be as funny as it would be in my mind right now. Same goes for the pitfall.
I am Srime