$$ Paid work for pixel artist $$

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

guo
Metal Slime

$$ Paid work for pixel artist $$

Post by guo »

Hello!

I have quite alot of original graphics done (to a fairly reasonable standard) for my game. However, I find that as I am working on it I am constantly needing to go back and create various objects, walkabouts, and tiles on the fly. Sometimes I can find it daunting to even begin working on an area because I just know I'm going to spend alot of that time creating new assets. Lately, I've taken to using placeholders more often but I'd like to think there was another way.

My question is this: If I were to provide an itemized list of what assets I required (mainly tiles, layer objects) would someone be willing to create them for me? For real money? What kind of price would we be talking?
Additionally, I would generously incentivise someone who could create decent battle sprites for my heroes. ATM I am using edited versions of walkabouts for this purpose.

Thanks for reading, hopefully somebody out there needs the money as much as I need the help :)
Last edited by guo on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ajguy93
Red Slime

well...

Post by ajguy93 »

first off, you might wanna post a walkabout sprite, so that people have an idea of what they have to work with.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Usually information like that is sent in private to interested parties.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

There are various screenshots about SS and Castle Paradox, and I have a demo uploaded @ http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-d ... p?game=820 (Although none of this content except the graphics has been retained - 3+ years old).
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

I know a fairly talented pixel artist. I can set up something between you two if he's feeling up to it.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

You might also try Fenrir-Lunaris. He's really busy, but if it's paid work, he can usually find time for it.
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

My man says he can't do it, sorry.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

That's ok, thanks for asking anyways ..