HamsterSpeak #9 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak #9 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue9/cover.html

This month, we have a fantastic preview of the Extended Edition of Powerstick Man, a look back at Monterey Penguin, a review of Tales of the New World, and some game design articles that should prove highly useful in creating a balanced game that's both fun and challenging.

Post, PM, or e-mail your thoughts on this issue and those opinions may end up in next month's issue!
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

I enjoyed the healing article, although it seemed a little short and oversimplified. Still quite helpful. Pepsi Ranger's preview was great. Meatballsub's review of my game was quite accurate, although perhaps a little short. At least, I know of many other aspects of the game that he does not really mention. I was especially interested to hear about the breakdown of cost balancing in the end when you could stock up on MgHerbs, something I hadn't thought about. This is making me think quite hard about a way to work around this for my next game (maybe MgHerbs become rare somehow later via the story, so that the cost is increased? I have to remember that...).

It was also quite interesting to read the Monterey Penguin retrospective. That was 'finished' about a year before I found the OHR, and even after finding it there was about a year or so before I visited any community sites, if I remember rightly. Regardless, it makes one realize how much more critical we all are now than people must have been back then regarding OHR games.
I am Srime
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I can't believe so much time slipped by me. I was gonna have a bunch of stuff for this one... But I'll just have more for the next one.

Also, I would like to apply for the cover art for next months issue.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

LIFE2~!

I wonder what a hamster head dinner would actually taste like? I'd think venison, but it's up in the air. Has anyone ever eaten hamster?
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Can I make the cover art for some issue or two?
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Hey everyone's doing that thing again where they're trying to be funny but I'm still funnier with less effort, whoops!

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

@Froginator: This magazine has been over for a while I'm afraid.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

@Spoonweaver DAMNIT! Didn't see the date. I thought it's arround again because of the yellow slime-marking xD
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

It's not coming back, the forum just has clowns in its rafters.