Vampires History

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Strange... Could you send me a copy of your import file? I'll test it out myself and see if I can figure out the problem. You can mail it to Bob@HamsterRepublic.com
Umbrella
Slime

Post by Umbrella »

Done.

And oh, a friend of mine has written a Python-file which checked every line for ===== and returned the line number and lenght.
Then he modified it to return the lines with ==== and more than 38 signs only, and the program returned line 1 with supposed 43 signs.

No matter how often we changed the file, the import still failed every time.
Umbrella
Slime

Post by Umbrella »

I made it!
For the love of god, I finally made it.

For those who might be interested in it, there were several different problems.

The main problem which halted the import was the code in which I saved the file in. It was solved by simply saving it in ANSI. I first noticed a irregularity in the debug archive and a friend of mine suggested altering the code.

There also were and still ARE several problems which were caused by Google, but I'll take care of as many of them as possible and if anyone finds anything he is to immediately report it to me!^^

Anyways, I'll upload a rough English Version quite soon and then my confidence shall be crushed and I shall be ashamed.

EDIT: By the by: How can I find the lines which the program cut short?
Last edited by Umbrella on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umbrella
Slime

Post by Umbrella »

Okay, the English Version of the game is now officially released!

I have completed the testing and corrected major mistakes, but report any typos or cut off lines to me, please.
Also, don't click on the entries in the Questlog yet, since the textbox system was abandoned and I didn bother deleting it yet.
But you can check it if you want to.

Anyway, for those interested, you can check it out now!
And yes, there are some tile errors!

Merry Christmas everyone, consider the translation a present :)
Last edited by Umbrella on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Umbrella
Slime

Post by Umbrella »

During the last few weeks work was going rather slowly. That is to say, as usual. Anyway, I 've managed to take care of some major balancing issues, some bugs and now completed the city. (If anyone's already played it: There still was some story missing, so the city's utterly complete now.)
Didn't translate it yet; I originally intended to release both a new German and English Version at the same time, but didn't find the motivation yet.

Has anybody found the time to play it yet? The game's buggy as hell and I need a lot of feedback, so I would appreciate anything you have to say about it. Anyone?
Last edited by Umbrella on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umbrella
Slime

Post by Umbrella »

Development is now moving on to designing Poland; my friend and me have already planned the story for Krakow and we're about to draw some little villages first (2, to be exact).
That is to say, we're trying to, but we're already failing to draw some decent grass and after seeing VampiDucki's amazing pics he posted into the hype thread our confidence sank to a new low.
But we're moving on nevertheless, though I have officially postponed designing the world map due to technical issues. *cough*

I haven't translated the latest Update for the German Version yet so the English Version's story is still incomplete and it has major balancing issues; but I'll see to it ASAP.
Umbrella
Slime

Post by Umbrella »

Appears that I'll have some free time the next few weeks, so I'll start translating the latest German Version.
I don't recommend testing the latest English Version yet, it's full of bugs, has really major balancing issues and the story isn't complete yet.

Again, if anyone's interested in taking over the translation for me, please PM me, I'd be glad for any help.

Aside from the new textboxes I'll have to translate the enemy-names, attack names, global text strings, the items, shops and perhaps the map names. It's a bit more than it sounds like and I wished I could export the global text strings or something. But it isn't as much work as the text boxes, I guess.

I've played (and almost finished) the Chzo Myth by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw and it made me feel like creating a Click and Point Adventure some day in the future. I would probably set it some years after WWI and before WWII, with flashbacks about the 18th, 19th century as well as the Great War.
But that's just an idea and I won't start it anytime soon and focus on WoA instead.