HamsterSpeak 33 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

rebobinar wrote:I'm a little undecided on how to feel about this. . . lol. On one hand people are trashing my game (I totally understand though, it's not for every one. Not every one has the same off kilter sense of humor I do.)
And on the other hand: I got second place.

Second place with a game that nobody really seemed to like. ?!?!

Whatever. I got second place! with the first game I ever finished! *does happy dance*
For what it's worth I thought your game was okay, especially considering it is your first (and not to mention you had limited time to do it). Why I put it in the "bad" category in my review is because the whole murdering Jesus thing just didn't sit well with me as a Christian, whether you are joking or not. Regardless, who cares, that is only my opinion. Apparently others aren't bothered by it at all, which is why you finished in the contest how you did.

You did great; you got second place in the contest fair and square. That is a good accomplishment. Let me give you a word of advice though: some people won't like your work regardless. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they may or may not like your work. It is impossible to please everyone. As long as you feel good about your game and put as much effort as possible into it, that's all you should be concerned about.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

rebobinar wrote:I'm a little undecided on how to feel about this. . . lol. On one hand people are trashing my game (I totally understand though, it's not for every one. Not every one has the same off kilter sense of humor I do.)
I, for one, enjoyed it; laughed all the way to the ending and never looked back. The way you drew Santa made me imagine him as some kind of crazy killer robot that kind of floats and associates with disgruntled elves.

Related: I'm the guy that thought Funktronic X-Mas (moreso the controversy it stirred up) was hilarious. That's what I loved most about this contest, all the differing opinions.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

I'm continually amazed by how many people share my exact views here. I guess coming here was a really good idea!

Yeah, the whole 'killing Jesus' thing bugged me, but since I don't like the concept of Santa anyways, it was okay with me that he died. (I found out that that's because I didn't kill all the kids. Which also got on my nerves)

Oh, and Funkotronic? That was funny. I mean, I didn't like the whole uber-horny gay elf thing, but the song cracked me up. Repeatedly.