Time to review

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

msw188
Metal Slime

Time to review

Post by msw188 »

Okay, I've been busy cleaning up Help Files for the Ypsiliform release which should hopefully be fairly soon, but I don't want to work on any of my games until that time.

In the meantime, I'm looking for games to review! Actually, I need to be specific. I'm looking for games satisfying certain criteria:

1. It is an RPG - this is just personal preference. I found the OHR because I liked RPGs, not because I was interested in quirky side-scrollers or cooking games (as funny of an idea as that is).

2. It is at least an hour of gameplay - I used to ask for complete games, but I realized the uselessness of such a request. How many people actually pull their RPGs through to completion? But I do want some meat to the game, not just a tech demo.

So everyone, suggest some RPGs you'd like to see reviewed! The less reviews it already has the better. If the author is still active that'd be great, but if so I might wait until they finish/update the game (I still haven't played Wandering Hamster because I want to be the person who plays it for the first time start to finish). The reviews will be submitted to the Hamsterspeak Magazine.
I am Srime
beau_rl
Slime

Post by beau_rl »

I wold like a review of my game? i spent alot of time on it and it goes for about 2 hours i think? I dont think its a boring game either

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=3007
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

I will download it tomorrow if I get the chance, although I probably won't start playing it until I am done with the OHR Help screens. Just from reading the description, I thought I should tell you that my first game, Tales of the New World, also has a poker game, with no glitches (!), but you can't access it until something like 15-20 hours of gameplay or so.

At least, I've never found any glitches, haha.
I am Srime
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

You could review The Ritual.

It's a few hours long, complete, and an RPG! It's been reviewed once before, but there have been some minor gameplay and graphical updates since then, and I'd love to hear a new take on it.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Feel free to review either one of my games:

The Omega:

http://thehamsterwheel.net/download.php?id=66

This one has been reviewed twice (once in demo stage, once in full version) by the same author. As much as I enjoyed the previous reviews, I'd really like to see what someone thinks about the complete game, especially not having played the demo version.

It is an RPG and is about 3-5 hours long.

The Adventures of Mikey T

http://thehamsterwheel.net/download.php?id=33

Made for the 2008 8-bit contest. Pepsi Ranger briefly reviewed it in his 8-bit Contest Review Blitz, but i'd really like to get a more in depth review (if that is even possible). For a game made in a week's time with a strict ruleset, I am quite please with how it turned out.

It is also an RPG with some adventure elements thrown in for good measure.

So yeah, feel free to review my games. I would love to get hear about them from a fresh perspective.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Camdog,

When I downloaded the ritual, the zip file was empty...?
I am Srime
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'd like some feedback on my KER-saders game if possible.

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=951

It never really got that much attention, and it'd be nice to have some idea of how I could improve it.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Was this ever reviewed in Hamsterspeak (or anywhere else for that matter)? If not I think I will bump it up and do it next, as everything else suggested thus far has already had some kind of review.
I am Srime
8bifit
Slime Knight
Location: In the thoughts and dreams of all the world's children.

Post by 8bifit »

Was this ever reviewed in Hamsterspeak (or anywhere else for that matter)? If not I think I will bump it up and do it next, as everything else suggested thus far has already had some kind of review.
Already had a HS review in issue 25.

EDIT: You might want to check with JSH to see if he is reviewing Sleepover or not. If not, it would be the only Halloween Contest game without a review in this issue.
Last edited by 8bifit on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

msw188 wrote:When I downloaded the ritual, the zip file was empty...?
I just downloaded it fine... Maybe try again? If not, I can always email you the zip file.