Locked OHR games

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

RMZ
King Slime

Locked OHR games

Post by RMZ »

Wasn't there a program that let us hack into ohr games, like something that let us get into our games if we say.... accidentally forgot the passwords we put on em...
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

Yes, but when James updated the OHR after that, the password-cracker became incompatable.
I don't know if they've made one recently.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

James can still do this on an individual basis, but I'm sure he prefers not to. Some of the other developers probably can as well.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Can't you compile a version of the OHR that doesn't check for the password? It is open-source and all. Haven't tried it; just suggesting.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

A shame nobody knows how to crack passwords. I was always wanting to edit YSoft's Dragon Warrior game to get rid of the April Fool's crap and actually see how far he got.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Well, I'm actually locked out of my game and want to work on it to fix the bugs and release it.

Can't I just use an old dos version of the engine? Cause I still have the one from before the newest upgrade.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The old version will still be passworded.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Passwords are very easy to hack. The format is documented on the wiki.

Compiling your own version of CUSTOM that doesn't require passwords requires you to change only a single line of code (though to be fair, the code is so messy, you need to know a fair bit if Basic to know which line to change)

I *hate* the password feature. I wish I had never implemented it in the first place :(
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Since this project I haven't used the password function because I don't want to get locked out of anymore games. I checked the wiki and all it told me was it was bad to use passwords, not how to get into the games anyways... :gonk:

Is there anyway I can get in it? The wiki said if I whined enough to ya, James, that you would help, heh.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

RedMaverickZero wrote:Since this project I haven't used the password function because I don't want to get locked out of anymore games. I checked the wiki and all it told me was it was bad to use passwords, not how to get into the games anyways... :gonk:

Is there anyway I can get in it? The wiki said if I whined enough to ya, James, that you would help, heh.
Mail me a copy of (or link to) the game, and I will mail or PM you your password.