Slime Wars - Review & Video First Impression

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Slime Wars - Review & Video First Impression

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Slime Wars is very polished. The mechanics of the game are quite simple, but the interface is really well put together, and the 8-bit NES style is spot-on through and through. The music is exactly the type of music that I remember from NES games of my childhood that used to make my Mom call out "Turn the volume down on that thing! You are giving me a headache" -- (and I mean that in a good nostalgic way)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnF5C7pZimA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnF5C7pZimA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Although this game was fun, I do have a big beef with it, and that is that the difficulty ramped up too fast. I could have played this additively for hours, except that even playing "easy" mode, I was never able to survive past level 3 with my clumsy fingers.

I would really like to see an update to this game with some sort of nerfing, either in the form of slower difficulty growth, or a new difficulty level below easy, or something. I liked it enough to want to play more, but I couldn't handle the rapidly mounting frustration.
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

I'm really excited to hear your first impressions on this, but the audio seems all screwed up. Any ideas on what happened?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oops! I didn't propely test it out before posting. I'll try to fix it if I can, and if I can't, I'll record my "second impressions" instead :)
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Sweet! If you do end up recording "second impressions", let me suggest you focus on building you intelligence and strength stats instead of hit points. (Probably should've just left that option out all together...)