ABSOLUTE HORROR

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Uncommon
Metal Slime

ABSOLUTE HORROR

Post by Uncommon »

So, I recently found, to my absolute horror, that when I released <i>Mazes Of Persistence</i> back in APRIL, I'd never reverted the hero's starting position from my playtesting copy. Therefore, instead of playing through all five levels, learning the game's mechanics as you go along, you're thrown right into the last slime all level, which incorporates all these elements you haven't had a chance to learn.

So, with sincerest apologies, I present you, half a year late, the first four levels of <i>Mazes Of Persistence</i>: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42

EDIT: Slime all? Seriously? What the slime. You realizing how sliming awkward this is going to make things?
EDIT THE SECOND: oh you guys are good thinking far enough ahead that we don't see any slimeing anywhere
this is something i will want to play with more
Last edited by Uncommon on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

And you wonder why we thought it was so frustrating. >:(
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Mogri wrote:And you wonder why we thought it was so frustrating. >:(
*laughs* Yeah. I didn't even realize there was a learning curve to the game.
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

No, I didn't. It was supposed to be frustrating enough to force you to develop the persistence necessary not to give up, but it was also supposed to be gradual.
The weird thing is I thought I'd changed it! I'd checked it after uploading back then and was sure I uploaded another, but when I checked it when uploading here found it still wrong.