Review: The Slime Wars

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Review: The Slime Wars

Post by Spoonweaver »

In this game, you have gone back in time, or maybe to a different dimension, where slimes are attacking the castle of That Pretty in Pink chick. You must defeat the slimes as they come at you in what seems to be never ending waves of cruelty. In order to do this, You must match the color of the slime currently bearing down on you with the color of your "fighting stance". Fighting stances are chosen by pressing the number keys, 1-5.

This game is kind of like playing Guitar hero, if the notes all came at different and random speeds.

After a while, and by that I mean about level 2, it becomes way too difficult to do. I mean how are you suppose to pick the right color when 2 slimes are stacked up?

Protip: I suggest leveling your strength, otherwise even if you hit the right stance in time you might kill not the slime you're aiming for.

The idea is original, and the leveling up this is neat.

The lack of different level designs really hurts this game I think, after about level 6 I just became apathetic,

I was a little disappointed, it looked so good when I saw the game page.

Overall I give the game an A for effort, a C for content, and an F for Game Play.
Basically meaning a 3 out of 5.
Attachments
This is the only game play screen I saw in the game.
This is the only game play screen I saw in the game.
slimeWar0001.GIF (6.66 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Wait, it becomes way too difficult to do at level 2, and by level 6 you became apathetic?
Last edited by camdog on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Well at level 2 they start to stack up.

Right, I played about 5 times. The fourth and fifth time I leveled up my strength only. and was able to last much longer. I say I got apathetic at level 6, because when I reached that level I figured I've seen all there is to see.

No offense dude. I found it kind of fun. It's just the game seemed much better on the game page. I was expecting a side-scroller.

You'd improve the game tons if you let the player walk forward. (Not even jump, just walk) this way, one could have more control over the stacking slime problem, plus it would give you more of a sense of adventure while you go through what could possibly be several colorful stages.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

No offense taken, the criticisms just seemed to contradict each other. I would say there is more strategy to it than just leveling up strength though. (not to mention multiple difficulty levels if you're having problems.) The spells are well worth it, for example.