This box that's orange and full of MAGIC

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Shadowiii
Slime Knight

This box that's orange and full of MAGIC

Post by Shadowiii »

Who's got it? I need someone to play team fortress 2 with. My favorite in the box is Portal, though. I was angry it was so short, but I'm sure some modders'll get me some new levels pretty quick.
Yeah. I haven't ever played half life 2 ever, so this is an exciting experience for me. And a hell of a deal, to boot.

OPINIONS? >:(
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I've got it. TF2 used to run okay for me, then I changed my settings and it ran great, then something changed and it runs great for five minutes then crashes. I need to rectify this because it's a great game.
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion
Location: drifting down a hairpin turn HOLY SHI- HE OVERTOOK THE RX-7!!

Post by Hachi »

I loved the crap out of Portal, and it's actually responsible for me going back and beating HL2 (well, in the process of doing so, anyway...). It's funny, I owned HL2 but never really played it because I wasn't interested, but now that I found out that Portal's got a link to it (plus the atmosphere didn't hurt), I'm good to go.

I'm all about some TFC2, anytime, anywhere. We can't all be medics, though. :v:

Seriously though, I'm keen on the Medic, Scout, Spy, and Pyro.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

You have just listed three of my worst classes. I am Engineer, Soldier, and Demoman, sometimes moonlighting as Heavy. Medic is one of my top classes by use, but I can't claim to be a fantastic Medic.
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion

Post by Hachi »

I'm a pretty good Medic for one reason: I actually have a mic, and so issuing "complex tactical commands" such as "don't go out there they'll kill you faster than I can heal" and "invincibility 3 seconds left...2...1" is a bit easier and helps coordinate actions.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I have a mic too (which I got just for TF2 :v:), but sometimes it doesn't work so awesome with my connection. For some reason, Half Life completely thrashes my computer, which I bought new last year. Maybe I need a new video card.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

So people actually use the mic for teamwork in this game?

I was thinking of getting Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn this November, but I might actually get the Orange Box O' Magic instead.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

i keep seeing this everywhere and i have yet to even try to buy it even though I have every other valve game.

to be fixed soon.
rubberbandiv
Slime

Post by rubberbandiv »

Portal was wonderful, and TF2 is hilarious and fun. I suck at it, but I still enjoy it when I play. My Steam Community name is KFTrendy.
Teapot.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Mine's Mogri. I added you.
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion

Post by Hachi »

Mine is Eternalhachi, but I can't seem to get yours to work, Rubs (Moogle's works, though).
rubberbandiv
Slime

Post by rubberbandiv »

I can't find you, either. Come to think of it, I couldn't find Moogs for a while. I think the Steam Community has some bugs what need ironing out.
Teapot.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I will be making one after 10:00 tonight. My apartment is run by nazies who only let the internet game after 10. Yes, we have complained. Yes, I am moving out. But anyway...yeah. We should go dominate or something.

Also Half Life 2 is about 200x better once you get the gravity gun. Also running it on really high resolution (and it has widescreen options!) makes me so happy.

But I need more portal. And more CAKE.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Hachi
Retired Smash Champion

Post by Hachi »

Well great, now that I've seen and fully realized that, if Episode Three is anything short of portals and gunfire, it just won't live up to my expectations.