Game-related pixels thread/critique

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Those screenshots are amazing. They truly go back to what some of the better looking DOS games looked like.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
New-Gen
Red Slime

Post by New-Gen »

It would probably look better if it weren't in a poorly compressed jpeg.
Damn you, Photobucket!
Damn straight! :D

Thanks for all your compliments guys. I'm just focusing on the graphics for now. The world I'm creating is going to be huge! And all very detailed so It helps to have some support as you can sometimes defer from doing work.

Any suggestions on what I could make better?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Any suggestions on what I could make better?
If anything, I'd say the walkabout sprite. It's seems to have stubby limbs.
lost.pebble
Slime

Post by lost.pebble »

If anything, I'd say the walkabout sprite. It's seems to have stubby limbs.
I actually quite like the style of the walkabout sprite. And I think the stubbiness of the limbs is a part of that.

It's really difficult to criticize something so perfect. I got a chance to see New-Gen's graphics in action yesterday, and it really is mind-blowing! Great job dude!

Those screenshots are amazing. They truly go back to what some of the better looking DOS games looked like.
That's exactly what I told him. Very professional looking graphics.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

James Paige wrote:Hey, everybody. Anyone who wants to is welcome to <a href="http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/wi ... shots">add screenshots to the wiki</a>, (preferably try to make them the same size as the ones already uploaded there)
I took you up on this. I added a few screens of my own games to satisfy my ego, and screens of some of the more unique/interesting games I could think of.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

James Paige wrote:Hey, everybody. Anyone who wants to is welcome to <a href="http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/wi ... shots">add screenshots to the wiki</a>, (preferably try to make them the same size as the ones already uploaded there)
I went to do just as you suggested but found my work has already be documented. Huzzah!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

New-Gen wrote: Image
I just now noticed the sign says "Little Company of Mary Hospital". I live near LCM San Pedro, and my doctor is based there. I am guessing that the hospital in your game is based on the LCM in Pretoria (which I didn't know existed until today)
lost.pebble
Slime

Post by lost.pebble »

I am guessing that the hospital in your game is based on the LCM in Pretoria (which I didn't know existed until today)
That's very observant of you, and you are perfectly correct.
New-Gen
Red Slime

Post by New-Gen »

Yup your right. It was silly of me that I forgot to take that out cause I don't want to give away anything about the game just yet, but yes the game is based in pretoria.
I actually take trips around pretoria and take pictures because I want to make the game as realistic to pretoria's area as I can.
So for example if you came to Pretoria on holiday and you have played this game you'll be able to find your way around and go and see the sights and culture of Pretoria that will be the same in the game itself. :)
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

New-Gen, I just had to stop by this thread and say your graphics are simply breathtaking. I especially LOVE the menu that you've made, it's simply astounding! :)