Village People: The Video Game (First Impression and review)

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Momoka
Metal Slime

Village People: The Video Game (First Impression and review)

Post by Momoka »

The sound's a bit off near the end. I should do something to sync it. Live and learn, and learn to live.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gcc3sA2qygc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gcc3sA2qygc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I made a video of my first ten minutes, to try and show first impressions. Unlike James, I just kind of shot through. Having played the game a bit longer, I have a bit more to say:

-There's very little penalty for death, for the most part, except where there is (the fight against the gray man). Random battles aren't much of a threat, since you'll just get kicked back to the hospital.
-I like most of the dialouge, though the in-battle puns were simply dumb.
-I made grumbles about the file size, but at 14.6 MB, it wasn't too bad.
-The graphics are nice, though. I don't understand why the desert rocks sparkle.
-So yes, this WAS part of the terrible games contest. But....it didn't really seem terrible, beyond maybe the concept. It was just kinda cheesy.
-I didn't watch James' video until after I made mine. Reading the dialouge aloud in voices just comes natural. There's something uncomfortable about a village people game giving me a sore throat, though.
-Of all the terrible games, this is the one I had the most fun playing.
Last edited by Momoka on Fri May 08, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

There's very little penalty for death, for the most part, except where there is (the fight against the gray man). Random battles aren't much of a threat, since you'll just get kicked back to the hospital.
You lose 1/3 of your money. This will matter more when you actually have to buy equipment.
The graphics are nice, though. I don't understand why the desert rocks sparkle.
That's sand spilling off the cliffs.
the in-battle puns were simply dumb.
Boooo
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Surlaw wrote:
There's very little penalty for death, for the most part, except where there is (the fight against the gray man). Random battles aren't much of a threat, since you'll just get kicked back to the hospital.
You lose 1/3 of your money. This will matter more when you actually have to buy equipment.
I s'pose. I guess it's better than losing half an hour of gameplay (Curse you, Persona!), and it forces strategic spending.
That's sand spilling off the cliffs.
Ah.
Boooo
Well, they WERE. "Let me axe you a question"? Really? It's not just lame, it's overdone. But I don't think it detracts much from the game, so relaxe.