[ADVERT] Battle Music Wanted!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

[ADVERT] Battle Music Wanted!

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

It has occurred to me that Vikings is in dire need of some additional music to make the game much more interesting. Specifically for several "main" battles. Hopefully I get some bites this time, as opposed to having the ad languish on CP for several months with no replies.

The requirements are that whatever you compose must be original, or may be based strongly off the PD music the OHRRPGCE comes with, or even songs already present within the current Vikings game file. It must also have a seamless 'looping' so it can play over and over without any noticeable ending. As always, you WILL receive credit for your contributions, in the form of an NPC sidequest, spot in the credits, or even possibly monetary compensation. I'm getting desperate here, so negotiate with me. Here's the list of what I'd like to see:

(1) A music theme to use in the Beastling village of Thule. This theme would also be used for the character Night's theme, playing during certain key cutscenes for her.
(2) A music theme to use in the Elven village of Alfheim. This song would also be the character Styrge's theme, playing during certain key cutscenes throughout the game.
(3) A song to be used in an upcoming Battle Arena, ala FF6 style. This song would also be used for Olaf, ergo IT MUST BE METAL.
(4) A remix of Wagner's classic "Ride of the Valkyries", because this game is about VIKINGS. OF MIDGARD. It is up to you to decide how this must be accomplished, or in what style it is orchestrated, so long as it's recognizable as Wagner's theme.
(5) <s>An original composition to be used for the battle with Mr. Triangle</s> (Already provided by RMZ and Mamoru)
(6) A rock remix of the classic "Clorinda False Adieu", otherwise known as the main theme for Arfenhouse. This is likely going to be the hardest to get right. So long as it's recognizable as the original tune, I'll probably accept it.
(7) A western-sounding battle with Daguerro/Dogero, based loosely off one of the original compositions for Sword of Jade.
(8) Some sort of theme for Frumpy the missionary. Bydlo Cart MIGHT fit him, but c'mon, he's clearly everyone's favorite character.
(9)Any other music you'd like to contribute to the project.
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Should they be in midi format, or can we submit mp3s/oggs as well?
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Midi preferably, although at some point I will require an MP3 version of the same tracks for the CD release.
Artimus Bena
Red Slime

Post by Artimus Bena »

On the job; I'll even make virtual instrument versions as I work.
-John Hancock