HamsterSpeak #15 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak #15 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue15/cover.html

Lots of art this month, two reviews of recent releases, and a very funny video retrospective of Duck and MJ.

HamsterSpeak is taking a brief vacation next month; I feel that we've all become a little burned out, and a little time off will improve the magazine for all of us. But don't think this is the end! This is only for one month. In the meantime, I will be releasing a "Best of HamsterSpeak" issue in June, covering content from the first twelve issues. After that, it's back to business as usual.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Was pretty funny how in 3D, Mr.Triangle takes on a completely different persona in that world... Becoming Mr.Pyramid or whatever, haha. But really, great job man.

Ironically, you picked the three characters that are the first ohr heroes in my comic, heh.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I said it on your LJ, but this is by far the coolest cover ever. I really liked it.
Also the JSH video retrospective was great. It would be cool to see more OHRers do stuff like that.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

The video retrospective was great. I look forward to seeing the next one. Good reviews too. I agreed with your estimations of most of the OHR House cast, except that I think Jack is more of a rehash of Shadow and I didn't find Bena to be especially funny.

And yeah, the cover is wonderful.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I think shadow was more of a pussy then Jack was. Then again I haven't watched the show in forever.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

I'd warned JSH that people were gonna see Jack as too Shadowy, where being the neutral guy (which was Me's role last season, despite how aggressively he turned out to be about it) was really more his intention. I know the reason I voted for him is I saw his potential to be interesting could only either stagnate or appreciate, where Bena was bound to be an old joke as soon as he survived the first elimination.
Also seeing how Xerian would be dealt with in Bena's absence has more potential for comedy than seeing the bread joke again.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I was one of the first cast members chosen for OHR House 3? Amazing.

Oh, and I've read a book about a mage that can't use magic before. It was called The Colo(u)r of Magic, by Terry Pratchett. I thought about making the concept into a game, but tossed the idea out when I realised I couldn't think of a single way to keep combat interesting without the stuff.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Well, naturally, he learns why he can't and what he's really capable of.

I hadn't heard of the book. It was just one of those random game ideas that grew into a bigger story.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com