Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Only One In All
Metal Slime

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney

Post by Only One In All »

Two days ago, I got around to playing the first three missions of the first game. WHAT THE HELL, I PLAYED SIX HOURS STRAIGHT. I've never played a game I found myself so addicted to that I couldn't sleep until it was just two hours before I had to go to class. Crazy! Anyone else had this issue of being unable to stop playing PW?
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

It is an incredible game. One of only a few I would give a full 5 stars. Doesn't last long enough, though. Once it's over, there's no going back. :(

Yeah, I pretty much blew an entire week on that game when I first got it.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The final mission of the first game bored me, but the rest was great. I could have done with slightly fewer SAVED BY PSYCHIC POWERS moments though.
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion
Location: drifting down a hairpin turn HOLY SHI- HE OVERTOOK THE RX-7!!

Post by Hachi »

Amazingly enough, I managed to pace myself with PW1 through only playing it on the city bus to/from work/class, so it lasted a good, long time. PW2 wasn't so lucky to have the time buffer, but was still great.

And yeah, they have practically zero replay value for the game part itself, but then again if you have a kind of bad memory (like me), 6 months and playing through a different PW game will cover up most of your gameplay memories, so you can do it again!
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Yeah, the filler Mission (Game 1, Case 5) doesn't match up with the rest.
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion
Location: drifting down a hairpin turn HOLY SHI- HE OVERTOOK THE RX-7!!

Post by Hachi »

Surlaw wrote:The final mission of the first game bored me
Why is this? I find the 5th mission to be my overall favorite, so I'm curious.
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

The PW series is great, aside from the great stories it has some of the best character designs in video games. And the animations and sound effects in the courtroom scenes are perfect.

I really liked case 5 for the first game! It was the only one in PW1 for which meeting the killer didn't immediately make me think "this is definitely the killer."

I also like the second game's ridiculous title. PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY: JUSTICE FOR ALL.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

It's not so much that Case 5 is bad... it just sticks out like a sore thumb as filler. I really liked the villain, but other than him the characters are just rehashes in that case.

So who's everyone's favorite character? Personally, I like Gumshoe and the Judge, but I really kinda dislike Edgeworth.
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

Case 5 won't be filler when Ace Attorney 4 comes out. Ema Skye is in it as a detective.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

Gumshoe and the Judge are definitely awesome. I also really liked all of the circus people in case 3 of PW2.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Eternalhachi wrote:Why is this? I find the 5th mission to be my overall favorite, so I'm curious.
It went on way too long and there was zero tension between the defense and prosecution. The fourth case is a fantastic conclusion, and the fifth really felt like it didn't belong. The writing style was quite different, and I wasn't a fan.
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

I found chapter 5 to be a bit more drawn out and frustrating than the other chapters (both times I played I must have spent a total of 6 sliming hours talking to that Lunch Box lady), but I thought Gant was great.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

I just finished case 4, and have started on case 5. I thought case 3 was overall the funniest, particularly the security guard lady. The otaku fellow creeped me out a lot, considering he was just a bunch of pixels.

I think the part in case 4 where the parrot had to testify was hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh at how outrageous it was, yet at the same time it was treated like any other witness. I just started laughing as soon as I saw that bird at the witness stand.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Fortis wrote:I found chapter 5 to be a bit more drawn out and frustrating than the other chapters (both times I played I must have spent a total of 6 sliming hours talking to that Lunch Box lady), but I thought Gant was great.
I couldn't stand her, the cowboy, or the new cop character. They all seemed far more cartoony and more like one-note gimmicks than anyone in any other chapter, and I just wasn't expecting that. Gant was the only good new character.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I need to pick up the second one, but i haven't beaten the very last mission in the first one. Same reasons as mentioned before...it didn't "click" like the other ones did.

Very witty game. It's awesome.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!