OHR and Vista Problem

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

OHR and Vista Problem

Post by Meatballsub »

I am trying to pinpoint a problem I am having with the OHR.

I recently did a clean install with Windows Home Premium (previous OS being XP Media Center) and have a strange graphic glitch in both custom and game. Any time I try and go into full screen in either program, the graphic palettes distort and change to odd colors. When I go back to windowed version, it is corrected.

I am trying to decide if it is a Vista, OHR in Vista, or graphic card driver problem. Does anybody else run OHR in Vista Home Premium? Do you have a similar problem?

I have tried five or six different drivers for my GeForce GO 7900 GS, and none have fixed this problem.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I run Windows Vista Ultimate, and haven't had that problem.

Also, your video card is better than mine and I'm envious. >:(
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Read <a href="http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/cg ... d=185">Bug 185</a> and see if it sounds like the same bug
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I got sidetracked and haven't been to these forums in a month or so.

It seems as if I might have discovered the culprit behind my problem. I haven't tested it as much as i'd like, but it seems that this fixes my distorted palette problem for the time being.

I've found that when I check "disable desktop composition" under compatabiliy on custom and game, that I can go into full screen without the distortion. I don't really know why this makes a difference though, but I figured I would add it anyways.
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

Have you played a game with sound effects in Vista?

When my brother tried to play Bloodlust on his laptop which happens to have Vista, at the part where the door smash sound effect goes off, it crashed. Do you have this sort of problem?
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Yeah, sound effects work fine for me so far. I haven't had any sound-related issues with the OHR since I made the switch to Vista. Sorry :???:
Artimus Bena
Red Slime

Post by Artimus Bena »

I have the same problem sometimes and I have XP. But only on rare occasions.
-John Hancock
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

It seems as if my fix doesn't actually fix it 100% of the time, but enough so that it is bearable...I wonder what the problem is?