Levelup Bug?

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Levelup Bug?

Post by Twinconclusive »

What are the effects of the old Levelup Bug?

I kind of remember that it adds the weapon's stats to the hero's current, as well as max stat so that on level up the Hero gets an even bigger stat boost than intended?
Were there any other effects to it?

If that's the case, then I'm going to try to implement an equipment system in which the player will get a larger role in equipping heroes by choosing to give heroes either weapons with better combat effects or weapons with better stat boosts.

This would probably mean that weapons would need their stats severely nerfed..
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Re: Levelup Bug?

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Twinconclusive wrote:What are the effects of the old Levelup Bug?
I should have named it "Fantasy Under A Blue Moon X Compatibility Mode". The bitset was there just so White Owl wound't have to completely re-play-balance one of the older versions of FUABMX... turns out he re-made the whole game anyway, so there wasn't much point.

At each level-up, the hero's equipment stats get added to their maximum stats. So if you have a +2 strength sword, than you gain an extra 2 strength at every level-up.

Perhaps it would be nice to make some extra equipment options that allow stat bonuses on level-up, which could be set on an item-by-item basis, and that could be different from the attacks normal equipage bonuses.
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

ah yes, i remember the good old level up bug hehe
Machu
Slime Knight

Post by Machu »

Fieron wrote:ah yes, i remember the good old level up bug hehe
Huh? I thought you were new here.
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

new HERE but i found ohr back in the day where you had to make a 4 map demo in order to get the whole program
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Re: Levelup Bug?

Post by Twinconclusive »

James Paige wrote:At each level-up, the hero's equipment stats get added to their maximum stats. So if you have a +2 strength sword, than you gain an extra 2 strength at every level-up.

Perhaps it would be nice to make some extra equipment options that allow stat bonuses on level-up, which could be set on an item-by-item basis, and that could be different from the attacks normal equipage bonuses.
The latter would be spiffy, but I should be able to work with the current bug's system. Thanks!
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Hmm... This sounds like it can be done with plotscripting, though I could be wrong.

A built-in function would be awesome anyhow.