Dear Surlaw

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

actually my biggest weakness is actually making a game, geez i have to make a game like hamburgerman in order to get anything done >.<
Calehay
Red Slime

Post by Calehay »

Fieron wrote:actually my biggest weakness is actually making a game, geez i have to make a game like hamburgerman in order to get anything done >.<
Huh?

If you feel your biggest weakness is the whole thing, then you're probably trying to gobble the moon in one bite.
Wow... umm, wow. You guys are such douchebags. Really, how can you bash the poor guy? I mean, really... pathetic. It's not like you guys have done anything to make your opinions worth anything... dumbasses. Have any of YOU made quality games? No. Have any of you done interesting things with the OHR engine? No. Have any of you like... done something to keep the community active and participating? No.

Why don't you all crawl back into the holes you CAME from, and learn what a great game is from this example: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192
I think this was a joke. Maybe. Though I'm pretty much described here, except that I have tried to help the community stay active.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

As has been pointed out to me a number of times, you do seem to have a grasp of some battle planning and a working knowledge of how to work the OHRRPGCE engine.
Thank you! I mentioned before that Catman was actually playable for a newbie game, but Hamburgerman was hogging much negative attention.
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

Calehay wrote: If you feel your biggest weakness is the whole thing, then you're probably trying to gobble the moon in one bite.
thats probibly it, you know with the need for games with scripting and graphics that are perfect, i feel i have to make games with every feature of ohr to be used or no one will like the game, i did a little scripting with a newer version of catman (which is lost forever) and now i don't remember it all >.<

but yeah i think thats the whole issue with me and rpg games, i WANT to make one but i can't get it done so every one will love it >.<
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

you know with the need for games with scripting and graphics that are perfect,
Why don't you re-read our posts. Surlaw's problem is clearly gameplay and horrible humor. Yes, you should put some effort into graphics and scripting, but there's no need to break your back over it if you aren't as good as other people.
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

For those of you who totally missed it, my post was meant to be sarcasm. I figured if you guys clicked on the game I linked, you would realize that, but maybe my sarcasm seemed too serious.
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

Lonely Rolling Star wrote:For those of you who totally missed it, my post was meant to be sarcasm. I figured if you guys clicked on the game I linked, you would realize that, but maybe my sarcasm seemed too serious.
Sarcasm is hard to read on the intranets without caps and italics. :(
&#9834;&#9834;&#9834; Du du duuuu &#9834;&#9834;&#9834;
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Fieron wrote:i LOVED your review, hell i bet if i went and tried to make a decent game it probibly wouldn't even get an honorable mention XD
Every newly released game gets a mention in the magazine and the majority of them get reviewed.
Fieron wrote:thats probibly it, you know with the need for games with scripting and graphics that are perfect, i feel i have to make games with every feature of ohr to be used or no one will like the game
This screenshot sums up why your game is awful:
The graphics show zero effort, but that's not the problem. No one can tell whether or not there is scripting, so that is irrelevant.

The problem is that your sense of humor is terrible and ruins the game.
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

Surlaw wrote: The problem is that your sense of humor is terrible and ruins the game.
ok NOW your bashing me
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

What the hell do you want? You produced a game with content like this
when you're this easily offended? Your game is awful, and yes, it is your sense of humor that ruins it. Adding as many curses as possible to every sentence is not funny, and it's absolutely useless for you to be posting here if you can't take a negative response.

You aren't going to get praise for this awful crap. It doesn't deserve it, and you don't deserve it.
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

i want you to get off my slime about it, ok? after you gave like the first review of the game over the boards, i took it down so you or any one else wouldn't play it any more since yes, it is crap, there i admit that i made absolute slime!

BUT then you had to go off and make an article about how slimy it was.

CANT WE JUST DROP THIS AND GET ON WITH OUR LIVES?!

or am i scarred for life now?!
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

Please delete this thread mods, i can't take this anymore, just delete it
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Fieron wrote:i want you to get off my slime about it, ok? after you gave like the first review of the game over the boards, i took it down so you or any one else wouldn't play it any more since yes, it is crap, there i admit that i made absolute slime!

BUT then you had to go off and make an article about how slimy it was.

CANT WE JUST DROP THIS AND GET ON WITH OUR LIVES?!

or am i scarred for life now?!
The review I posted on my forum is the exact same article that appears in the magazine.

I'm certain the irony will be lost on you, but you started this thread, the only reason this conversation is happening is because you wanted it to.
Fieron
Red Slime

Post by Fieron »

Surlaw wrote: I'm certain the irony will be lost on you, but you started this thread, the only reason this conversation is happening is because you wanted it to.
and thats why i want this to end right now, i started this crap i want it to end.

i just went and deleted all my games off the boards so they won't plague your minds any longer, i hope your all happy now
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

i just went and deleted all my games off the boards so they won't plague your minds any longer, i hope your all happy now
No. We're NOT happy. We're not going to stop nagging you about this. We're not going to stop complaining about how crappy your game is...

Until you start listening.

If you want to satisfy us and rectify yourself of the game, you have to learn to make something better. We won't be satisfied with you running away. Just accept the fact that your game is bad, and it is making you look bad. The only way to change the past is to make your future look brighter.