Metroid Prime 3

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

RMZ
King Slime

Metroid Prime 3

Post by RMZ »

Has anyone had a chance to play this yet? I'm not that far in, and it's seriouslly one of the best games I've played in a long time.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Metroid Prime 3 is really fun. A huge improvement in combat and controls from MP1.

I still think that exploration has gotten weak lately, though. I still enjoy the game as much as if it did have exploration (they make up for it by being more puzzle based like Zelda), but it just doesn't sit right.

Then again, I didn't get too far, but I did notice that a certain area of the game takes a whiz on a similar area in Twilight Princess, and laughs at it because Metroid Prime 3's version is so much cooler and closer to what it should have looked like.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Prime 2 has kind of scared me off (What were they thinking?), but I will probably get it once I have a job.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

The controls are one of my favorite parts of this game. I sucked at FPS games, and then I tried out RE4 (although not a shooter) for the Wii and I was amazed at how fun and simple it was to shoot. So I took a chance with Metroid Prime 3.

But yeah, it's kinda a tad lame that the game is always telling you what to do. I mean, I kinda understand, but still, the idea of not knowing where you're going and figuring out you need certain things without being told so cuts a lil of what I was used to in a Metroid game.
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

Metroid Prime 3 is everything that Metroid Prime 2 should have been. I was really, really nervous about picking up Prime 3, because I absolutely HATED Prime 2, and I didn't think they could slime up the formula of Prime 1, which I loved, as much as they did. Seriously: non-infinite ammo for beams? NO.

That being said, Prime 3 is awesome. I absolutely love the controls, and the difficulty curve is actually well balanced.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

The ONLY thing I'm not liking is the whole running back and forth between planets. And now I'm at a part where the game vaguely told me to do something, and I have like... no idea where to go to do it.

But yeah, I agree on the difficulty curve. It started out just tough enough and picked up tremendouslly. Although the first planet's boss was the most annoying and time consuming so far.
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

I still love Metroid Prime 3, but I thought I'd use this existing Metroid topic to air my grievances about the placement of the Prime games in the Metroid timeline. Specifically, that they don't take place after Fusion.

I'm hoping that after this, the next Metroid game is ACTUALLY Metroid 5. Not Metroid 1: Remake, and not Metroid 1.3 or 1.6 or 1.9. I want it to take place AFTER Metroid Fusion.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

Seconded, Fortis. Why'd they have to cancel Metroid Dread? It would have been leagues better then dumpy Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Hunters was a huge disappointment, and was basically only made to show off the DS's multiplayer features online. The gameplay was "ok" but it wasn't anything too great. I don't even know that I tried to beat the final boss. I got to him, and was like "meh, I don't like this game anyways, and don't care how it ends".

I'm starting to feel that way with Prime 3. I'm at the end of the game and the whole game seems rushed. I mean, I had all of the best weapons and stuff 8 hours into the game. For such a big project, shouldn't I get more for money???

The final final final boss (3 forms, heh), is a bitch to fight, only because it's annoying as hell to get under him to shoot at him for the 5 or 6 seconds he's stunned.

Anyone else at the end of this game?