Let's play the Zombie-James Challenge game!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Zombie James Challenge #2 is closed.

msw188's quest: I must implement some new commands for working with inventory slots.

thedude257's quest: I must save humanity by completing Wandering Hamster-- however, due to the largeness and vagueness of this quest, I offer to save a random selection of 60 people from Detroit by completing the Jormungandling's belly stage in Wandering Hamster at least up to the point where you meed Gisli the Viking

chill-e's quest: Unknown: What is my quest, chill-e?

Only One In All's quest: I must implement customizable experience. I assume this means that the formula for determining experience-to-the-next-level should be customizable on a hero-by-hero basis.

Isn't anybody going to tackle Challenge #1?
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

James Paige wrote:Only One In All's quest: I must implement customizable experience. I assume this means that the formula for determining experience-to-the-next-level should be customizable on a hero-by-hero basis.

Isn't anybody going to tackle Challenge #1?
Yes, your assumption is correct.

As for challenge 1, we're all probably having difficulty recreating it, but I'll see what I can do.
Only One In All
Metal Slime

This may be a minor cosmetic bug, but when you edit your hero's tag for being in the party, the Previous menu option not only has a none next to it, but that also displays the same tag as the hero in party tag.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Hey guys, remember that bug where the message for the hero getting levelled would keep appearing battle after battle? My little brother says he came across it in while playtesting my new game. I wasn't entirely clear on how it resurfaced, but having the hero in question die either in the battle that would have given him the level, or the very next battle, might be involved. Has anyone else seen this?

Also, he thinks that when this happened, the hero actually got the stat gains for the level, although his actual level number was not changed.
I am Srime
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Yeah. This happened to me too. A hero died and they still got a level up with the stat gains. Has only happened once though.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Zombie James Challenge #4

Find a method to consistently reproduce <a href="http://gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com/cg ... d=459">bug 459</a>
chill-e
Red Slime

Post by chill-e »

James Paige wrote:chill-e's quest: Unknown: What is my quest, chill-e?
Uhmm... ALPHA TRANSPARENCIES (pfft... i wish)

More status effects. Maybe have a "Edit Status Effects" menu or something that allows custom status effects. And each status effect would lower stats by a percentage, and a duration it would last by turns or so. Example, say you want a blind status effect. Rather than just damaging accuracy, you could set it to lower accuracy by 50% for 5 turns. Or if you wanted a Protect status, you could make the defence stat increase by 50% or so.

If that's too specific or difficult, how bout ability to animate the various layers, or at least the ability to animate the lower layer while having tiles above that same space.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Well, I've seen some indications that the powers are thinking about re-structuring item data. When that is done, I'm guessing my quest will work itself out, and there is no rush there. In fact, this post is really about the chance of changing my quest to be the resolution of the very bug that bestowed said quest upon me - that is, the levelMP bug. I believe that I will be able to release a demo of new game once this is resolved, and I must admit to being a little excited about it.
I am Srime