The "I'm writing a book" thread

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

pjbebi
Slime Knight

Re: The "I'm writing a book" thread

Post by pjbebi »

Bluefeather42 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:14 pm I recently started writing short stories again, after a year of arguing with myself about it - pulpy, space-adventure stuff.
Also, I'm a member of a very friendly, laid back writer's group that was formerly local but went online with the pandemic and stayed that way, if anyone would like to join let me know and I'll send you the details.
I'm interested in writing groups. never been in one. got lots of fiction stuff I'm sitting on for someday sharing.
Bluefeather42
Red Slime

Post by Bluefeather42 »

pjbebi wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:53 am
I'm interested in writing groups. never been in one. got lots of fiction stuff I'm sitting on for someday sharing.
Sent you a PM. From what I've heard, they're a bit hard to find. It never even occurred to me that they existed until a friend of mine invited me to a reading some years ago.

Also, there is a website. I've been doing things through email so long I didn't realize we had one: https://thebardscorner.wixsite.com/tbcwg
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I just published my new book today, "Murder at the Tarsal Shore"

https://books2read.com/murder-at-the-tarsal-shore
Catt Zago’s luxury vacation and family reunion has been interrupted by a murder! She knows a thing or two about committing crimes, but not so much about investigating them. If she can't solve this mystery, she and her brother might be next.

Who did it? Was it the retired executioner with an axe to grind? Was it the woman who claims to be a god? Was it the wizard who insists that the living doll that he carries around isn't a daemon? Or was it their host– a kindly man of excellent hospitality who absolutely never takes off his copper skull mask for any reason?

To make matters worse, none of those suspicious characters has a motive. The only person who has a reason to hate the victim… is Catt herself!