Super Walrus Entertainment System

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Super Walrus Entertainment System

Post by The Wobbler »

https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewto ... 039#140039

I put together a collection of some of my old games for Steam and Itch.io with an arcade as a framing device. It changes by the day of week to let you talk to different weirdos and see some different things. I'm adding it here too in case anyone wants to check out the arcade bits and see what character they draw.

I started this back in August 2020 and couldn't for the life of me come up with a good trailer, which delayed the Steam page from being turned live until now. Thank you to Pepsi Ranger for putting one together!
Attachments
capsule_616x353.jpg
capsule_616x353.jpg (66.08 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

For anyone curious about the performance of free games on Steam, this one's had 3,100 downloads in its first month. It's hard to say how that translates into sales for my other games, but I had a lot more traffic than usual on the Kaiju page after this went live.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

The Wobbler wrote:For anyone curious about the performance of free games on Steam, this one's had 3,100 downloads in its first month. It's hard to say how that translates into sales for my other games, but I had a lot more traffic than usual on the Kaiju page after this went live.
That's fantastic! Congrats on that. I can share the numbers on Katja if you want to know. Definitely aren't that high, I can tell you that.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I think the most interesting stat on Steam is average play time, which here, unfortunately, is 12 minutes. C. Kane's was 2 hours, so the average player actually played the entire game. Kaiju's was only an hour and a half.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Anything more than 30 minutes is usually pretty good. I've heard a lot of industry people say that the first 15 minutes are the most important, because by then players will have formed an opinion of the game. That was mostly in the context of getting potential publishers, etc. to play your game, like at a convention or something. Stats are super interesting, but they can be bad for my mental health, I think. Really easy to get caught up in the numbers and worry about how much they reflect my value as a dev. Katja's average playtime is only 53 minutes, but I figure at least people are probably finishing the first level.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Re: Super Walrus Entertainment System

Post by The Wobbler »

An update is out on Steam that adds the first set of achievements, specifically ones for things in the arcade proper. Additional sets will be added for the specific games. Linux/Deck support is now in there too.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

5 new achievements have been added! These are all incredibly challenging tasks related to The Horse Game, one of the games inside of this game, a game in which YOU, yes you, find the horse. https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1409190/achievements
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I did achievements for the Super Collection and it was a lot of fun. Happy to see you working them in too.