Community Support, outside the community! // itch.io+ thread

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Re: Community Support, outside the community! // itch.io+ thread

Post by Spoonweaver »

I also made an instagram account
https://www.instagram.com/ohrrpgce/
generally the same idea as the twitter account, only on instagram

And while I was setting up both, I found a few people making games very few of us have seen before. I suggest checking them out, they look pretty good.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Cool, that's going to be a lot better than the bot, if it's indeed kept active. (Did you shut down the old bot? All the images it posted don't work anyway.) But doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of twitter to flood a whole lot at once? For anyone else that doesn't have a twitter account, I suggest nitter for viewing it, otherwise you can only see the first few posts: https://nitter.net/OHRRPGCE

Too bad you can't really see anything on instagram without signing up.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I posted a lot today on the twitter and the instagram account mainly to create a base of posts, I don't plan to post that much all the time, or even everyday. It'll mainly just be a device to collect ohr related info in 1 place, like game releases or contests, and possibly build up to reach an audience through social media.

And no, I didn't disable the hamsterbot
I uh.... lost access to it...
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Yes. I don't think the notability bar for posting something needs to be significant. I was thinking of doing something quite similar myself but this is better.

Oh I misread the dates on the bot's posts. I see it is actually still posting and that the links in the posts work, just not the previews. Well, at least it's still digging up interesting random bits rather than running amok.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Yea my guess is it stopped posting pictures because twitter changed how you attach a picture to a tweet. but yea I think it's pretty ignorable.
Shouldnt really be spamming anyone too badly.

Plus it IS labeled as a bot, so people should expect a little spam from it.