Upgrades in progress

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Re: Upgrades in progress

Post by Mogri »

If you can find one, I'll install it!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Unfortunately, it's unsupported in the current version of phpBB :(
Hedera
Slime Knight

Post by Hedera »

mogri why does slime salad keep going down, and is this the right place to complain that things break a lot
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It went down last week because I was upgrading the phpBB version. It went down yesterday for htaccess-related reasons, even though I hadn't touched the htaccess in forever -- this was presumably a Dreamhost internal upgrade. Other than that, it hasn't gone down in ages, and you're being overly dramatic.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Some bug reports:

On game pages (viewgame.php), only .zip files are shown in the Downloads section. but it should put .tar.gz and .rar files there too. (An example.) Maybe it should put anything in that section by default that's not recognised as an image.

The thread links in the Games forum go to viewtopic.php pages rather than viewgame.php. That's a problem because review links only appear in the latter, as well as generally appearing differently. Also, I notice that the download sizes appear display correctly on viewtopic.php and in the attachments section on viewgame.php although they don't in the Downloads section on viewgame.php.

Might have mentioned it already, but game reviews no longer have a link back to the game.

Also, regarding edit times for games not updating, I have seen (for Tim-Tim 2 which was just released) that sometimes the last edited time for the game post/thread does update afterall. But it doesn't help anyway since phpbb doesn't have a way to search for recent changes like the old gamelist.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

I don't mind volunteering to help, if you don't mind giving me the requisite access.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

You mean fixing bugs and/or porting the phpBB 2 code over, right?
If Mogri's happy with it than it would be easiest if the two of us collaborate on it. Mogri sent me SS's PHP source and I was going to set up a private git repo anyway to track changes against both what he sent and unmodified phpBB 2 and phpBB 3. I haven't started yet, aside from figuring out two bugs.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

Fixing up the bugs, that is. Tired of hearing people complaining about the gamelist/reviews/etc being busted. :)

Yeah, we can talk on discord later about it.