Icespire :: a Slime Salad play by post D&D 5th ed campaign

Play-by-forum D&D and such go here.
Sazae
Red Slime

Post by Sazae »

Fifi decides that the best time is now and removes the bottle from her bag. Peering out of the window, she aims at the manticore and throws the bottle at it.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"It's never attracted a manticore before," answers the old lady to Jenny's question. "Monsters have been displaced by the dragon recently, this fella is likely no different."

Jenny swipes in at the manticore and it looks like Jenny is about to miss, but the manticore moves weirdly due to the angle of it's body inside the door frame and moves into the attack instead of away from it causing 9 damage. Bometrus follows the attack with 2 quick jabs in, causing 10 total damage. Mugs longsword slashes in at the creature's throat, spilling blood all over the ground, causing 11 total damage. The monster begins to frantically retreating when flask of alchemist fire thrown from the window above the door crashes into it's backside. The glass bottle shatters on the beast causing minimal damage but then the manticore bursts into flames. The remaining flour sizzles away and the manitcore breaks free from the door jam. The fire causes 3 damage as the manticore whips it's tail at the opening in the door. A searing hot spike shoots through the hole in the door and stabs into Jenny 's chest, causing 11 points of damage.

The manticore is now standing outside the windmill, on fire and looking very wounded.
A 5ft area around the door is also burning, the door itself does not seem to be ablaze.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Seeing his companions wounded, Mug panics. For better or for worse he panics forward, charging through the flame, attacking the monster again outside

"Aaaaaaaaaaa!" he says, not very eloquently.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Mug charges through the fire right at the flaming creature. With a slash of his sword, the creature fell after taking 10 damage. The manticore lay dying on the ground while the rest of the adventurers finished their attacks.

~Combat Over~

The old lady looked frantic, "I could have done that!" she yelled at Fifi. "Now my home is going to burn down. Hurry up and put out the fire!" The fire near the broken door of the old lady's home was a small one. There was unlikely any danger of it spreading to the rest of the windmill. The bulk of the fuel from the alchemist fire seemed to land on the manitcore which was still slowly burning.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

As she dislodges the spike from her chest, Jenny screams loudly enough that the walls of the windmill seem to shake. She tosses the spike at the old lady's feet and glares at her contemptuously.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

As the fire quickly burned itself out, the old lady noticeably relaxed.
"Hmmph," snorted the old lady. "I suppose I owe you my thanks for getting rid of that monster," she said in response to Jenny's scream. She took out 2 vials with red liquid inside. As she handed them to Jenny and Bometrus, she said, "These should heal your wounds. You're welcome to also keep them if you want to try to it sleep off. I normally sell these to make a living for myself so I hope you understand how big of a reward this is."
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Still a little out of breath with excitement, Mug prods the dead monster with his sword... Just to make sure. Isn't there something he is supposed to do now?...

Check the body for treasure!

" Doesn't seem to have a purse... he mumbled to himself as the adrenaline wears off
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The manticore indeed does not seem to be carrying anything with it.

"Glad you happened to be walking by," said the old lady. "What brings out here anyways? Here to buy potions?"
Sazae
Red Slime

Post by Sazae »

Fifi sighs, doing her best not to drag the old woman back to town herself.

"We're here on a mission to bring you back to town, where it's safer. I think the fact that the manticore was trying to attack you is evidence enough. Now let's go before another one shows up."
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"What?! I'm not leaving my house," laughed the old lady. "I'm fine here. Go away."
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

"Potions!" Jenny growls. "Will a potion mend my shirt? Will it remove the bloodstains? You haven't so much as covered our operating expenses!"
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The old lady whipped her attention towards Jenny, "And I suppose that flour you threw was free for the taking? Those potions sell for 50 gold pieces each. I'm grateful for your help, but if your going to be that way you can hand the potion back over and be on your way. I'll handle the next monster on my own."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Mug had been staring blankly at the dead manticore for a few moments, but the argument finally snapped him out of it.

Turing to the he woman, he decides it might be time to name drop

"Hi! My name is Mug. I'm Boris and Lilly Signumpictor's son. My mother was very concerned about you. There's dragons around. Maybe it would be a good idea to come back to town-- just temporarily of course, until we can deal with it."

{{1d20+0 persuasion}}
Judge Slimehold
Master Judge of Battles

Post by Judge Slimehold »

<p><b>Bob the Hamster</b> rolls...</p><ul><li><b>1d20+0 persuasion:</b> 7 + 0 &rArr; 7</li></ul>
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The old woman calms down a bit at Mug's words, but still gives Jenny another cold stare before addressing Mug. "Hmm," she replied with no so concerned look in her eye. "Tell them I won't come. This windmill is valuable to me and the herbs in this area are as well. I can handle myself and if the dragon does come for me, no one in that town over there would be able to stand in it's way anyhow. I think I'm better off away from that town in fact. It's a bigger target for that white monster. I can write you a note if you don't think they will believe you."