Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Ah, no, I haven't checked that (and haven't rooted my phone) but that does give me confidence in your idea for the workaround :D
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 12:04 am
Okay, I just implemented the fix you suggested TMC, and tested it--- well, I couldn't reproduce the bug before, so I just tested that I didn't break the build and didn't break it on any of the phones that i tested on, but *hopefully* this will fix things for people who did see the problem.
Metal King Slime

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 am
Not a very satisfying fix when you can't see it for yourself and don't know what the problem was!
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 12:44 am
Time to revive this old thread!

I tested bumping targetSdkVersion up from 28 to 29 and the results were good!

Everything seems to play okay, unpacking new files on an upgrade still works, and in general, nothing seems broken. Yay!

I also went down a rabbit-hole of trying to enable full-screen an hide the navigation bar. That part is not working very well at all yet.

So far I have only been messing with these changes in Wandering hamster's apk, they are not even in android nightly builds yet

https://hamsterrepublic.com/tmp/wandering-hamster-release-signed_arm32.apk
https://hamsterrepublic.com/tmp/wandering-hamster-release-signed_arm64.apk
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 pm
Okay! bumping the targetSdkVersion to 29 seems to have worked :)

I was able to get an update to Wandering Hamster accepted to the play store with no warnings or complaints. Yay!

My understanding is that apks with an older targetSdkVersion will NOT be removed from the play store, but they will start blocking updates in November if the targetSdkVersion is less than 29.

If anyone wants their apk files rebuilt, please let me know!

I'll get the android nightly build fixed soon also. (hopefully tonight)

I gave up (for now) on enabling the full-screen mode. I could get it to enable, and you can get back out of it with a swipe from the side where the hidden navigation bar is-- but I also have to add logic to make it re-hide when you touch anything, which i nearly got working okay-- but the really hard part is that I have to make the OHRRPGCE ignore the swipe that un-hid the navigation bar, otherwise it registers for pathfinding or menu-opening.

So I'll work more on that sometime later.

EDIT:

Oh! I almost forgot to mention. I did notice two changes in behavior now that we are using targetSdkVersion 29

* When swapping tasks, the icon above the top of the screen in the task switcher is a generic android robot instead of the actual app icon
* The feature to stretch the screen to the device dimensions no longer works-- the original aspect ratio of the game is always preserved, possibly with some black letterboxing (might be a feature rather than a bug?)

Neither of those is bad enough for me to be too concerned right now.
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 am
Ah! Interesting! The app icon actually works fine now-- I think that the app icon that us show when task swapping is actually taken from Google Play, so it just doesn't show up on an apk that hasn't been published yet
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5