Liquid Metal Slime
Custom Icon bug? 
 PostSat Jul 18, 2020 4:39 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Does anyone know if that custom icon bug is still around? You know the one I'm talking about. If you use a custom .ico file for your game then Windows Defender thinks the game is a virus. I would just test it myself, but for some reason, I was never able to duplicate it.
Slime Knight

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 5:30 pm
That warning message does indeed still pop up when you go to publish your game. Same experience though, Willy. I keep exporting with the icon, and have never personally seen this bug occur.
Slime Knight

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 7:33 pm
Y'know, it's weird. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I AM BEANBOY had no problems with the icon injection, but Moonday totally reads as a virus for me.
Metal King Slime

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 11:57 pm
Rue wrote:
Y'know, it's weird. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I AM BEANBOY had no problems with the icon injection, but Moonday totally reads as a virus for me.

Think again.

Also, I wasn't the person who uploaded iambeanboy.exe to VirusTotal two weeks ago. One of your fans?

The bug report is here https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce/issues/38, but there isn't anything interesting to read there.

I'd still like to try changing around the compiler versions on the build machine to work around this.
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 1:30 am
Remind me what I need to change on the build machines, and I'll make it happen this week
Metal King Slime

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 1:00 am
I suggest switching to a newer version of gcc, although as I noted before, my windows-targeted gcc toolchains (which don't trigger the virus scanners) are actually older than yours. But it's easy to throw off a virus scanner.
Slime Knight

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 1:46 am
TMC wrote:

Think again.

Also, I wasn't the person who uploaded iambeanboy.exe to VirusTotal two weeks ago. One of your fans?

Joy. Guess I'll have to upload a new version.