itch.io OHRRPGCE game jam

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

itch.io OHRRPGCE game jam

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Someone named Mr.Comma started an OHRRPGCE game jam on itch.io here https://itch.io/jam/ohrrpgce-game-jam

Is anyone here going to submit a game? Looks like the deadline is May 15 2020
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Woah that's interesting. I don't suppose Mr. Comma is anyone from around these parts. I have an idea for a game I've felt inspired to jam out. Maybe this'll be the opportunity to do so! Finally time for my Minesweeper rpg to see the light of day.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Interesting! I logged on just to reply to this.

I'm not really sure what they intend. I might drop a message in the jam discussion page linking to SS, so peeps can find us?
Slightly concerned about the format, but all publicity is good publicity, right?
He the link to the ENGINE
:???: is this a meme now?

EDIT: I posted a message inviting peeps to our wonderful community.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

I have no idea who the guy is or what the constraints of the contest is.

That being said, to hell with it! I'll throw a quick game at it. Why not? Technically since he didn't put any rules in. You could even put an old game in in, not that i'd encourage it, in the spirit of being a good dude .

It's got 9 days until it ends. But doesn't mean you need to spend that much time making a game.

It's a chance to try out some stuff that you wanted to experiment with that probably wouldn't have fit with your other games.
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

The rules state you have to have made it with OHR. That's it.

So... *plop* have Blood Ledger! xD
Last edited by ArtimusBena on Tue May 12, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

ArtimusBena wrote:The rules state you have to have made it with OHR. That's it.

So... *plop* have Blood Ledger! xD
its ploppin' time
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

Speaking of Itch, you might want to add the engine via their suggest a tool feature. I'd have done it myself, but apparently there's something special for being the creator/curator of it.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

MorpheusKitami wrote:Speaking of Itch, you might want to add the engine via their suggest a tool feature. I'd have done it myself, but apparently there's something special for being the creator/curator of it.
I saw that recently, and...
my memory is so bad, I can't remember whether I actually submitted the OHRRPGCE or not. I think I didn't, because the OHRRPGCE itself isn't on itch.io, and it warned that once created it's not possible to edit.

However, it seems that being able to tag a project as made with a certain tool (on the Metadata->Engines & tools page) is fairly useless, because it took me 5 min to figure out how to actually search for games made with that tool (turns out you have to search for "made-with-X", searching for "X" doesn't work!). None of the information from the "Suggest a tool" page actually appears anywhere on the site except for the URL and one-sentence blurb and you can't even view or search either the list of "made-with" tools (except as a dropdown menu) nor search the list of Tools that have itch.io pages!

But yes, we should add it anyway.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I threw Minesweeper Tactics into the ring.
Ps. I love my wife
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

OHR Represent!
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

I made a game from scratch. It's called I AM BEAN BOY.

https://rue9x.itch.io/i-am-bean-boy

I'll put it on Slime Salad shortly.
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

^ He did a really good job guys, highly recommend
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

I left a comment and/or a review for everyone who participated, with notable exceptions: Bloodledger and Hinterlands. I'm too bad at these games to leave any quality commentary regardless of how good they are.

Bloodledger pushes the engine to its limits and its really impressive, but I'm awful at 2D stealth. Hinterlands I scratched my head for an hour trying to figure out what to do, but it looks like a really awesome, creative experience.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Thanks for the comment! Glad you enjoyed it, and it seems like all the issues with it are things I'm aware of and looking forward to implementing. Although I forgot to increase the default volume before releasing the most recent version. Opps! Thankfully, you're not missing out on too much. The soundtrack is an AI generated song from a music library James posted one day.

I may look for an artist once all the programming is done... I've put enough time into this that it deserves a level of artistic detail that I'm not sure I'm capable of providing!
Ps. I love my wife