Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I got a new bug report today:

"while i'm playing, i got OHRRPGCE BUG:

RELOAD.SERIALIZBIN: null doc"

I'm having them send me g_debug, but I haven't receive it yet.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

[s]I am ready to do the Android build any time, just let me know.[/s]

EDIT: spoke too soon, still have two critical bugs to work out.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Hey! Those android bugs are worked out!

How about an official release of Alien Squatter for Android?
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Hey! Those android bugs are worked out!

How about an official release of Alien Squatter for Android?
Yes! I'd love that! Let me update the RPG file to the newest version of OHR. Do I still need to send you the files (i.e. button graphics, etc.) or can I do this all myself now?

EDIT: I'm so happy those Android bugs got worked out. =D Thanks for all the hours you put into it! TMC too!
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

What bugs... the ones that were holding up the Android port, or ones affecting Alien Squatter? Did you ever hear back about the "RELOAD.SERIALIZBIN: null doc" one? I don't remember it. Also, we still haven't made any improvements to avoid weird errors due to running out of storage space (or to reduce storage requirements)... which is maybe what the "null doc" error was.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Button graphics are optional. The defaults look pretty nice.

Also, touch controls work well enough with your game that I think you could reasonably disable the virtual gamepad if you wanted to (but there is no need to, hybrid touch + virtual gamepad works nicely too)

You should give me an icon image 256x256. I think "Round" is the currently preferred style. I already have all the other needed information
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:What bugs... the ones that were holding up the Android port, or ones affecting Alien Squatter? Did you ever hear back about the "RELOAD.SERIALIZBIN: null doc" one? I don't remember it. Also, we still haven't made any improvements to avoid weird errors due to running out of storage space (or to reduce storage requirements)... which is maybe what the "null doc" error was.
I was referring to the bugs you and James were encountering in your 64-bit Android builds.

You looked at that "RELOAD.SERIALIZBIN: null doc" error a long time ago. Apparently, the guy's computer crashed while the game was running which created some bad data. After a reinstall, it worked fine.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I found a missing wallmap near Shogo's barge, it lets you walk out onto the water

See the attached screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot_20200211-210450.png
Screenshot_20200211-210450.png (424.97 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Mogri wrote:Windows Defender flags the Alien Squatter executable as a Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock.

I know James and TMC were aware of some antivirus issues -- I think this is specific to games bundled with a custom icon. This is obviously undesirable from a sales perspective. I'd recommend removing the icon.
Anybody know if this ever got resolved? I'd like to start using a custom icon again if I can.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

The bug for that is here. We still have the same problem. If you want an icon, I can manually embed it into game.exe for you, which doesn't trigger any virus scanners.