Blood Ledger - Alpha 1.1

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Blood Ledger - Alpha 1.1

Post by ArtimusBena »

Hey guys, check out what I've been doing the past nine months! Feel free to leave comments and reviews. Next stop is a full mission.

https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=136168
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

full mission as in a full game? how many missions do you have in mind?
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

Hey, Char!

The first full mission will be considered alpha 2.0. It will take place in a three-level mansion and actually include some story. The basic structure of the mansion has already been mapped, and basically just needs "filling in." This mission will contain pretty much the same game mechanics shown here.

To answer your question: the full game will itself be one mission, but in a much... *much* larger setting. It will have quite a few more features, and versions of that will be considered Betas.
Last edited by ArtimusBena on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

Seems that today, every kind of game is possible with the OHRRPGCE. Were there any 2D stealth games before? Feels quite ambitious.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh yeah, sure, why 12 years ago Bena released an earlier tech demo of this game :)
There were others too, though nowhere near as ambitious. I know that at least RMSephy released a stealth game long ago too. I think that one no longer works properly with recent versions of the engine.

I'm very biased since I worked on the game too (though mostly in 2007 and 2009), but I think this game really sets itself apart with the amount of polish in both the mechanics and the graphical and aural flourishes. Very Prince of Persia. And this is still early days.
Bena has done a huge amount of work on the game this year, but I want to get back into contributing too! (I've been giving the refloating of the stranded Fufluns release higher priority)
Last edited by TMC on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

Widening the net! Dropped an ad in gamedev.net

https://gamedev.net/forums/topic/705039 ... latformer/

Features a comprehensive gif playthrough of the current version