Hype Up Your Game Thread

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

splendidland
Red Slime

Post by splendidland »

it's still in development! but it's very big, and i needed something smaller that i can release very soon! as soon as it's done, TCOD will be back on track!
TheMan
Red Slime

Post by TheMan »

hell yeah
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I can look forward to any of your games, they all look great :)
Does that sign say OGEANO? I imagine it's short for Oregano, but that's probably just my own bias. Could just as easily be a B or R instead of E.
splendidland
Red Slime

Post by splendidland »

oh that isn't a sign, it's a bench! i should fix that graphic!

also, here's a little preview of some of the music from the game!
https://twitter.com/splendidland/status ... 0101320704
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I love those colors! Did you create your own palette, or is this an existing one?
splendidland
Red Slime

Post by splendidland »

my own palettes! there's 4 palettes for different times of day
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Heh, I realised that my reading of it as a sign didn't quite make sense, but it looked a lot like the actual signs!

I hadn't heard that second song before, it's a neat dreamy adaptation of the daytime melody. I wish the OHR had builtin crossfading of music, I should work on that. (You can already manually script music volume ramp down and ramp up, though.)
Last edited by TMC on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Surprised that my old Wolf's Quest sprites from 2004 are the right resolution (16x16). Had to make some alterations because I've learned a lot about spriting with the past 15 years of practice, but this thing was still like 80% useable.

I might swap over some of my other NPC sprites. There was a walkabout graphic for a young girl that was never used even once in Wolf's Quest and one for a little boy only used once.

Another funny thing, the only spear-type weapon I have defined in Nathan Warrior is the Bamboo Lance, so the guard is absolutely using the cheapest weapon money can buy.
Attachments
This guard doesn't exactly appreciate the people he's sworn to protect. Can't blame him.
This guard doesn't exactly appreciate the people he's sworn to protect. Can't blame him.
Nathan Warrior0014.gif (245.25 KiB) Viewed 8241 times
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
splendidland
Red Slime

Post by splendidland »

if you stand in the road for a few minutes, eventually all the cars will pile up and form a big road train! because this is funny, i won't fix this.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

splendidland wrote:if you stand in the road for a few minutes, eventually all the cars will pile up and form a big road train! because this is funny, i won't fix this.
Working as intended then :)
TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Post by TheLordThyGod »

I've posted a new update of Hinterlands: Pilgrimage (alpha). Graphics have been upgraded, skill lists have been streamlined, and minor bugs have been fixed.
Attachments
Hinterlands: Pilgrimage (alpha)
Pilgrimage0003.gif (897.98 KiB) Viewed 7961 times
Pilgrimage0002.gif (2.41 MiB) Viewed 7961 times
Pilgrimage0001.gif (2.03 MiB) Viewed 7961 times
...spake The Lord Thy God.
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Mirrored Soul

Post by Mammothstuds »

In case anyone is wondering why I haven't been active on this site for a while, it's because, probably to nobody's surprise, I've decided to move on from OHRRPGCE and create my dream project without the help of a pre-built RPG engine. Say hello to Mirrored Soul, as it was meant to be built!

I'm gonna probably make a Twitter (or just generally something better than Tumblr) eventually, but until then I'm posting updates on https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mirroredsoulgame.

Unfortunately I can't upload WEBM files to this site, but there's some of them on the tumblr page.
Attachments
Monster Negotation!
Monster Negotation!
ezgif-2-96a792f6901e.gif (2.8 MiB) Viewed 7055 times
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

That looks so cool! I love the monster negotiation. What are the mechanics of it? Is there a certain pattern of answers that will always work for each monster type? Or is it a more random thing?
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Post by Mammothstuds »

Bob the Hamster wrote:That looks so cool! I love the monster negotiation. What are the mechanics of it? Is there a certain pattern of answers that will always work for each monster type? Or is it a more random thing?
The former! Thank you, by the way.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Classes like Fighter and Healer are kinda boring. Luckily, there's a few more exotic options to choose from with your class upgrades!
Attachments
falsesky0083.gif
falsesky0083.gif (144.11 KiB) Viewed 6354 times