2019 Top OHRRPGCE Games List

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I hope you don't mind, I converted the results into a PDF file to make it a little more convenient to view

http://hamsterrepublic.com/tmp/OHR_TOP30_2019.pdf
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Congratulations to the winners! (It is a popularity contest...) And thank you to Bird for putting it together.
I liked the slideshow format despite LibreOffice taking forever to startup. It was nice to have an enforced slow reveal.

There were quite a few games in the final 30 which I nearly voted for. Actually I had been meaning to edit my vote and add some of them. Though I see that the 3 points per extra vote really wouldn't make much difference.

For example, as you (Bird) suggested, I really should have added a vote for Tim-Tim because it is actually a much more fun platformer than Trailblazers; I'm just a sucker for Trailblazers intro, I can't actually make those jumps.
Willy Elektrix wrote:I'm late to the party, but I'll post. My list is boring. There aren't too many surprises here!

1. Spellshard
2. Powerstick Man
3. Armageddon
Actually, this is surprising... because I've never heard of "Armageddon". What game is that? Surlaw Armageddon? Astroboy: ARMAGEDDON...or something like that? Dance Dance Armageddon??? Pirates of the Armageddon!!!
Also interesting that you voted for Amazing Blue Ball Game, I think I included that last time. It's a fun and clever game which I would certainly recommend, but it's one I pruned because I thought it was neither polished, big, nor deep enough unless I added another 20 games to my list.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Nathan Karr wrote: Natalie declined the competition in order to give the other girls a chance.
well, bird did skip straight past the swimsuit portion of the competition. we were all pretty lucky (or not, depending)
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

Diversification and decentralisation of data is the key to make computers more reasonable. The PPT-file was done with Powerpoint 97, which is much faster than the current LibreOffice. So here, once again, the results list as plain letters, the quickest way of delivering informations with words:

Code: Select all

2019 OHRRPGCE Top 30

01. Hati‘s Bizarre Adventure
by charbile 
263 p. (8 Votes)

02. Spellshard: The Black Crown of Horgoth
by Shizuma/KFHarlock
210 p. (7 Votes)

03. Wandering Hamster
by James Paige
182 p. (7 Votes)

04. Kaiju Big Battel
by The Wobbler/Soda Piggy
166 p. (5 Votes)

05. Vikings of Midgard
by Fenrir-Lunaris
140 p. (6 Votes)

06. Void Pyramid
by Willy Elektrix
109 p. (5 Votes)

07. Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams
by Fyrewulff/charbile
96 p. (4 Votes)

08. Ramble Planet
by Willy Elektrix
90 p. (4 Votes)

09. Festivus
by Feenicks
89 p. (4 Votes)

10. Walthros
by The Wobbler
82 p. (3 Votes)

11. Adventures of Powerstick Man
by Pepsi Ranger
74 p. (2 Votes)

12. Crypt of Baconthulhu
by James Paige
65 p. (4 Votes)

13.(=) Motrya
by JSH357
64 p. (3 Votes)

13.(=) Alien Squatter
by Willy Elektrix
64 p. (3 Votes)

15. Entrepreneur: The Beginning
by Pepsi Ranger
63 p. (3 Votes)

16. Megaman Sprite Game
by splendidland
61 p. (3 Votes)

17. Sleepover
by charbile
60 p. (4 Votes)

18. OkéDoké!
by FnnrfYgmSchnisch
60 p. (3 Votes)

19. Boundless Ocean
by Orchard-L/Hardi Gosal
59 p. (4 Votes)

20. Spooks and Summons
by Fenrir-Lunaris
58 p. (3 Votes)

21. Slimeomancy (Slimes!)
by Spoonweaver
56 p. (3 Votes)

22.(=) No More Villians
by Fenrir-Lunaris
53 p. (2 Votes)

22.(=) Don‘t Eat Soap
by James Paige
53 p. (2 Votes)

24. The SuperAmazingBlueBallGame
by foreverblue2
51 p. (2 Votes)

25. Dragon Bustier
by Shizuma
50 p. (2 Votes)

26. Bale (Chapter 1)
by guo
38 p. (3 Votes)

27.(=) T4R4D1DDL3
by superawesomeric
35 p. (2 Votes)

27.(=) Labyrinthilium
by Feenicks
35 p. (2 Votes)

29.(=) Darkmoor Dungeon
by Mogri
34 p. (1 Vote)

29.(=) Surlaw: Armageddon
by The Wobbler
34 p. (1 Vote)
Nathan Karr wrote:Natalie declined the competition in order to give the other girls a chance.
In fact, Natalie (the mouse) is part of the winning squad. Hopefully she doesn't feel down about being in the supportive role and having the spotlight on Hati! Surely, she doesn't.
TMC wrote:Actually, this is surprising... because I've never heard of "Armageddon". What game is that? Surlaw Armageddon? Astroboy: ARMAGEDDON...or something like that? Dance Dance Armageddon??? Pirates of the Armageddon!!!
Armageddon? Oh! Was that a mistake there to predict it being Surlaw Armageddon? If that is the case, the results have to be changed immediately! Dear Willy Elektrix, what is right there?
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Bird wrote: In fact, Natalie (the mouse) is part of the winning squad. Hopefully she doesn't feel down about being in the supportive role and having the spotlight on Hati! Surely, she doesn't.
Nah, support role is always where she's the most comfortable.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

So after the Top 30 show, a certain bird and a certain fox had some time to chat with each other.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Charbile,
you have won the current Top 30 voting. Would you be so kind and answer some questions as the new OHR champion?
C: I can't believe I've been crowned Miss OHRRPGCE 2019! It is a true honor. I will wear the crown with pride and answer all questions--and perform all dares~

In retrospective, do you regret having started Custom.exe for the first time? How would your life be different without it?
C: NO REGRETS!

Without Custom.exe, I would never have become Charbile. Was one of the characters in my first custom.exe rpg. See? I, too, was a 'newbie' just like all of you.

Ha ha, I kid. Really, I would have never met all my wonderful ohr friends.

Are you in a mentally stable condition? How do you come up with your ideas?
C: Are my ideas mentally unstable? Whoa, what are you implying?!

One way I come up with ideas is to hang out in discord. Been thinking, what about a game with Bird in a maid outfit? Hmm.

Will there be any development on your current title or do you call it finished?
C: I think my current title is fine enough. I might be tempted to expand on it, maybe for another contest in a year or so. I think we need an OHR High School game.

What I would like to see is someone going 'all out' and making a full featured rpg experience in the ohr with all the new and updated techniques we have.

Let's talk about money. Do you make some out of your talent of making games?
C: I've made exactly zero money on my ohr work to date. But yeah, otherwise you could say I am a...... video game professional. You can proposition me anytime~

One last thing about Sleepover, one of your former titles that appeared again on the Toplist...
C: I felt the ohrrpgce needed one of those meta games like "Sleepover". It bugged me when the Verge engine was still a thing, when the ohr was young, that they had a couple games like that and we never had any outside of OHR House and a few others.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------