Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
A Scrambled Egg

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 1:24 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
BlueShrine.png
On to our first major dungeon. This time around Bob is accompanied by a pair of guardians, Alana and Eli.
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal Slime

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 pm
Ooh that's exciting! We haven't seen any combat-related content at this point, have we? Mostly domestic affairs. Are you using the default battle system?
I can't write in cursive.
A Scrambled Egg

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
I haven't shown much battle stuff yet but there's a couple gifs earlier in the thread. Standard battle system, I'd love to do something custom but it would take more time than I've got right now. I haven't draw any battle backdrops yet though!
A Scrambled Egg

PostMon Sep 30, 2019 8:40 pm
Diff.PNG
Difficulty levels - In addition to selecting your difficulty at the beginning of the game you can now freely change at any inn or rest point.
More stuff and dudes.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 12:39 am
Can you freely change from hard to easy and back again? I've seen games only let you reduce difficulty mid-game, to sort of preserve the Hard experience (among other balance reasons).
I can't write in cursive.
A Scrambled Egg

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 2:30 am
kylekrack wrote:
Can you freely change from hard to easy and back again? I've seen games only let you reduce difficulty mid-game, to sort of preserve the Hard experience (among other balance reasons).

Yeah I want people to play however they want, it's becoming more common to have games that let you change in either direction freely. If I ever did any kind of achievement system I'd have one for "complete the game on Hard without switching" though.
A Scrambled Egg

PostSat Oct 05, 2019 3:03 pm
NewBlue.png
I've just been working on scripting stuff lately so I haven't had anything much to post, but here's a comparison of Walthros's Blue Shrine today and the 1998 version.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostSun Oct 06, 2019 12:12 am
It's like going from Tron to Tron: Legacy.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Liquid Metal Slime

PostSun Oct 06, 2019 4:50 pm
The walls used to be more blue, the new version of the shrine has clearly faded with age or was designed by an ancient civilization with more eye for subtlety. The floor in the new version of the shrine is a lot nicer to look at.
NO EAT
A Scrambled Egg

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 pm
Walthros20190046.gif
It doesn't work as well without sound, but here's a clip of our fishy crew entering Blue Shrine.
Pin.png
Work in progress: The Blue Shrine Command Center, with a console designed after a certain famous pinball game. There will be a pattern recognition puzzle here as players work to restore power.
The buildings built on present day Walthros are generally rounded with soft corners; the Shrine-era buildings are sharper, with a lot more pointed edges in the map design. I hope it helps them feel alien compared to the rest of the game's world!
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7