Alien Squatter: Testers Needed!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

This game is like reading a highly interactive book. No trailer can show the magic as gameplay is slow!
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Three things:

1. I really like the title cards in the trailer. I want to steal them. Alternatively, I'd like to know what font they use.
2. I love the music. Who's your composer? Does he or she compose '80s style music?
3. Why am I not playing this right now? It looks great.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Pepsi Ranger wrote:Three things:

1. I really like the title cards in the trailer. I want to steal them. Alternatively, I'd like to know what font they use.
2. I love the music. Who's your composer? Does he or she compose '80s style music?
3. Why am I not playing this right now? It looks great.
I think the trailer front is just calibri.

Shea Kennedy is the composer. He is also doing the graphics. He's a regular around here.

I'M NOT SURE. Send me a PM if you have time to record a test game.
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Pepsi Ranger wrote:...Who's your composer? Does he or she compose '80s style music?
Yeah I can do a lot of 80's style music with hardware and software synths. I'm capable of some other styles too. If you're ever interested in getting something made I'd likely be down.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Hey! This game is coming out REAL soon. Maybe even TOMORROW! In the meantime, we're a really big deal in Brandon, Manitoba! Shea Kennedy got featured in his local newspaper. =D =D =D

The full text of the article is here: https://www.brandonsun.com/local/brando ... 94942.html
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

WHOA! The PC version of Alien Squatter is finally out on Steam! Thanks to everyone here who helped out!

TMC is the real star of the show for his continued technical support and engine development efforts. Bird, Swordplay, James Paige, Pepsi Ranger, and MorpheusKitami were invaluable testers. Especially Bird who has the played the game more than anyone on the planet aside from me and Shea.

I love OHRRPGCE!. ;_;
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Awesome! Congrats! Purchased, looking forward to it. Are Mac and Linux releases working their way through the steam 'review' process? Or will I need to download the game via a copy of Steam installed under wine on Linux? (Which I do actually have, if it's still working...)

I don't remember providing that much help or answering many questions, really... It's the likes of Feenicks, Foxley and Sword that really keep me busy!
Last edited by TMC on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

We have to unite our strengh to make big OHRRPGCE games real. That was an honor to catch tasty bugs in this project, so that players can enjoy their journey through the slums to Privillege. Hopefully the malicious "Black Screen Bug" is fixed?
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

I recorded a new video last night. If you haven't played it, here's a decent-sized sample.

I've got a second episode going up tomorrow.

[yt]ycjPqB2v6Vo[/yt]
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Awesome! Congrats! Purchased, looking forward to it. Are Mac and Linux releases working their way through the steam 'review' process? Or will I need to download the game via a copy of Steam installed under wine on Linux? (Which I do actually have, if it's still working...)

I don't remember providing that much help or answering many questions, really... It's the likes of Feenicks, Foxley and Sword that really keep me busy!
Mac version will hopefully be out early next week. I might also put out a Linux version at the same time. A Linux version makes me nervous because I don't have a way to test it...
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bird wrote:We have to unite our strengh to make big OHRRPGCE games real. That was an honor to catch tasty bugs in this project, so that players can enjoy their journey through the slums to Privillege. Hopefully the malicious "Black Screen Bug" is fixed?
I have never been able to duplicate that bug despite MUCH trying. Hopefully I can find more evidence of it. Or even more hopefully, I never hear about it again. =)
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

We made it onto Rock Paper Shotgun! YES!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/1 ... -squatter/
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Wow! Way to go!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Incredible job, both of you. I think I'm getting a pc soon, so if that happens before Mac release, I'll be able to play it then. Otherwise, make sure to let us know when it is available on Mac, I can't wait to play it. Been sharing it in all the places where I talk to people who play games.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

It's now available on Mac. No one has any excuse not to play it now! =D