Post new topic    
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  »
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostWed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"Okay, Boots, fine, fine" Catt let's boots pull her away from the trapped chest, her lockpick having come within a hairs breadth of the keyhole.

"We can just leave these here for later. How about we go check out that fountain?"
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostWed Aug 07, 2019 9:50 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
"A mop and a broom, really? I was not aware we were so desperate for plans that we dedicated ourselves to taking cleaning supplies. If we find something interesting they'll be the first to be tossed. Unless we find some glue for the 10 foot pole. However, your obsession with cleanliness has given me an idea." Valie takes the soap and tosses three of them, one by one, into the two trees nearest them, and then into the fountain. "Should let us know if anybody is in there." Valie waits for the inevitable battle to start.
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Valie takes some of the soap and chucks it at certain points in the garden and...

...nothing happens. Other than the *sploosh* of the the soap entering the water, and the *thunks* as the bars hit the trees, nothing of note happens.

However, from the north, you do hear the footsteps and dragging sound getting closer. The pace doesn't seem to have sped up though, so they're probably not reacting to you. Still, whoever or whatever it is will enter the room any moment now.

Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 3:38 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
Valie gets anxious at the sound of the impending enemies, and says "Okay, there's nobody there, now which way do we go? I vote the long hallway. The tombs are obviously where those shuffling skeletons are going. I can't hide this donkey and cart in the supply room." Valie has her donkey slowly advance into the fountain room while the others make their decision, ready to bolt down whichever direction they choose to go to. She hands a flask of lamp oil to her familiar, telling Lilael to drop it on any enemies that should surprise us. By Altios, she has one useful combat spell, and she is going to use it to the fullest effect.
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 am
Send private message Reply with quote
"I hope you do not drop that on my head" Daimo utters pointedly towards Valie's familiar. "Please try not to trap us in a fiery inferno with what few potions we possess. Thanks"

"Perhaps we will not need it at all.
Say they are utterly blind and deaf? Shall we not then plan future encounters around this?"


Maybe they are dim and can be corralled or directed.
Perhaps they can even open routes for us as they patrol through these passages?

"Frankly, I am not pleased to fight in that garden. Those trees frighten me. I'd rather lure them to the storage room, and ambush them in a pincer attack. Do as you will."

"In any case, let us make ready for contact with the enemy."

(Daimo readies his Rapier, and casts Light on it. It glows steadily and brightly.
With his free hand he is ready to cast the Orison "Disrupt Undead".

(I'm not sure of everyone's position.
Daimo tries to bring up the rear. He can cast Create Water to make the ground muddy or wet and slippery (maybe with soap)
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 am
Send private message Reply with quote
"Okay, ambush is good, but the supply closet is a dead end." Catt whispers to the others. 'The garden has two exits, let's hide in one of them. That gives us a 50/50 chance that scrapey macspookybones will go the other way, and we'll get to spy at them before we decide whether or not to attack"
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am
Send private message Reply with quote
"Okay, fine, let's go through this garden filled with strange trees that glow with necromancy. I'm sure it'll be fine. No-one ever listens to me anyway."


As they go through the garden, Daimo picks up as much soap as he can.
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
"No one else said in which direction, so to the long hallway it is." Valie has her donkey speed up, as to be assured it will avoid battle. She trusts the rest will let her know if battle is to occur.
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Catt stations herself at the entrance to the long hallway that Value goes down.

"C'mon Boots. The trees are just trees. A tree never hurt anyone. Let's get ready to see what is coming."

She tries to find a good stealthy position in hopes of seeing the something before it sees them.
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Aug 09, 2019 3:02 am
Send private message Reply with quote
The party moves through the garden, and Valie moves down into the long hallway. Then suddenly, after she's gone only a few feet, the floor beneath her makes an audible *CLICK*, and two sections of the wall on either side of her slide open.

Two skeletal figures exit out of the hidden areas and look around them. Each carries a large tower shield emblazoned with some strange symbol. Daimo recognizes it as the emblem of Avacor, the deity to whom these catacombs belong. Each undead guardian also carries a longsword of masterful craftsmanship. This, coupled with the half-plate they wear, seems to signify that they are not your ordinary skeletal minions. Their eye sockets glow with a green flame, but within seconds after seeing your group, the flames turn red and they let out a terrible shriek.



Reflex Save (DC: 15)

  • Ara Birde: 1d20+0 = 19 (SUCCESS)
  • Catt Zhivago: 1d20+6 = 8 (FAILURE)
  • Daimo Namida "Boots": 1d20+3 = 5 (FAILURE)
  • Valie Tornstod: 1d20+1 = 15 (FAILURE)




The scream rocks you to the bone, causing your teeth to rattle in your skulls. Ara, being the farthest away, is able to partially dodge away, so she takes less damage than the other two who bear the brunt of the attack.

Everyone except for Ara takes 3 points of sonic damage. Ara takes 1 point of sonic damage.



Reflex Save (DC: 12)

  • Ara Birde: 1d20+4 = 24 (SUCCESS)
  • Catt Zhivago: 1d20+0 = 13 (SUCCESS)
  • Daimo Namida "Boots": 1d20+5 = 14 (SUCCESS)
  • Valie Tornstod: 1d20+2 = 12 (FAILURE)




Worse than the pain from the scream though, you feel a cold fear settling in your bones, compelling you to run away. Most everyone is able to shake off the fear, but Valie, being the closest, feels her bowels turn cold at the sight of the creatures. She manages to prevent herself from running away, but only just barely.

Valie is now Shaken


Combat Start - Round 01



Everyone is up. For combat, go ahead and describe what you're going to do. If you want to do the rolls yourself, that's fine. Otherwise, I'll do it on my side. No need to wait on other people's posts, just go ahead and do your thing. If you want, you can post actions for subsequent rounds as well, in order to speed things up.

Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostFri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 am
Send private message Reply with quote
In order, Valie attempts to:
1:Enter the hallway further til the enemy is about 10 ft and her allies are out of range.
2:Cast Burning Hands on the skeletons. Since one of the skeletons will have oil on them, I will leave it to you to decide how to roll that.
3:I didn't see anything about it, so I don't know, but if the system allows it, using her spear, attempt to prevent the skeleton from entering a range it can hit her.
4:If Valie cannot do that, or the skeleton disarms her, Valie attempts to stay out of range of the skeletons, not fully running away unless necessary.
In order, Lilael attempts to:
1:Throw the flask of oil at the closest skeleton. She has a ranged attack bonus of 7.
2:Grab string from cart.
3:Drop string on skeletons head.
4:Repeat from 2 until out of string. Repeat with mop and broom.
5:If at any point the skeletons focus on her, Lilael stays just out of range of them.

And don't blame me for being a coward, one hit from that sword and Valie is one of them.
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 am
Send private message Reply with quote
"Slimecakes!" Catt swears

If one of the skeletons turns to face Valie, she will try to backstab it with her knife

Failing that, she will still attempt to attack one, and she will try to keep the one she is fighting between her and the other one
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Aug 09, 2019 12:22 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Gonk "I-I-I TOLD YOUUUUUU" wails Daimo disheartenedly... Zombie

"Hamshed... give me STRENGTH!" Mad
Daimo manages to pull himself together. He bristles and flutters his wings.

Firstly...
He surveys the foes with a look of disbelief. He attempts to make a Monster Lore Knowledge Check. (this doesn't use an action i believe)

OOC: Good lord, masterwork weapons and all. Fucking nobles.

OOC: Not sure, but Half-Plate is heavy, right? Daimo can cast Create Water and make the ground muddy. Maybe they'll get stuck or fall over. That assumes they pursue us into the garden.

OOC: Daimo doesn't have teeth, probably, so "teeth rattles in his skull" doesn't fit. Can I take 1 less point of damage? Hurr
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSat Aug 10, 2019 1:39 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Daimo has heard stories that Avacor's clergy uses special undead to guard the catacombs, but the stories are quite varied as there are very few folks who have actually managed to survive attempting to rob them. The stories range from skeletons that explode on impact, to zombies made of liquid flesh, to flying worms made of bones. All the stories did have the "I heard it from my cousin who has a friend who has a roommate who works for Avacor" sort of feel to them though, and it's next to impossible to tell what's truth and what's urban legend.

Half plate is indeed heavy, so yeah, I guess you could try the mud route. But do keep in mind though, that a skeleton by itself is much lighter than a dude with muscles and skin.

Fine, Daimo's teeth didn't rattle in his skull. His entire beak rattled, you still take the damage =p
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSat Aug 10, 2019 12:40 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
I don't know the turn order / initiative...

OOC
EDIT: Sorry. Trying to figure out a good strategy.
I don't think melee is going to last long, they can probably kill us in 1-hit.

@ BMR:
what's the trees look like in terms of jumping up in them, or climbing them?
How much cover would they provide, if any, trunk and foliage?
EDIT: The trees will probably try to eat us. Let's not do that. But would Hide from Undead protect me from them?

Do the skeletons have beards or facial hair? I can imagine them raising their eyebrows like "whaaa- ? some dudes are in the crypt lmao where they came from aight lets kill em". Do they waggle their eyebrows? DO THEY?!

Hopefully Ara will pull out some kinda trump card.

P.S. enemies are still coming up behind us, right?
Display posts from previous:
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  »