Post new topic    
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  »
Super Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Aug 04, 2019 1:49 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Drat! I've been traveling this week, and I missed my chance. PM me if a slot opens up?
Mega Tact v1.1
Super Penguin Chef
Wizard Blocks
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Aug 04, 2019 10:54 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Ara comes awake to the sound of her companions talking. After glancing around briefly, she sits up and hums while rummaging through her pouch. A strange wind seems to be blowing her hair and scarf."I had a dream I was a butterfly, but I was really a leaf in the end." she countinues to search in her pouch. "If that statue wants to show us something, I wish it would show us soon."

sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1974751
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 05, 2019 4:40 am
Send private message Reply with quote
As you all regain your bearings, you look around the room to see what else might be there.

As soon as Daimo attempts to detect magic, pretty much the entire place seems to flare up, as everything seems to be bathed in some form of magic or the other. Granted, some things shine brighter than others, but it's hard to find anything that doesn't have at least a little bit of magic in it. Surprisingly, the light above them is one of the less-enchanted things, and as far as Daimo can tell it's simply a glass globe with a permanent, if basic, spell of light attached to it.

Meanwhile, Valie creates some lights that further illuminate the area. Now, it's easier to see your surroundings, and you see that the room has four exits, one in each cardinal direction. However, the exits to the north and the west are closed off by wrought-iron gates. The one to the north is a bit rusty, but otherwise looks to be in good condition. It is locked with a heavy-looking lock and chain. The iron decorations seem to favor repeated swords and the sort. Just beyond the gate, you can see the hallway opening out to what looks like a massive hall. The one to the west isn't quite as heavy as the one to the north. The lock, however, looks to be of even sturdier build. The iron decorations have a rather floral motif to them.


Catt:
It's a bit faint, but you can just hear footsteps coming from down the hallway to the east. The footsteps are slow and quite distant, so you figure that you'll have a decent amount of time before whoever it is gets to where you are.



Sure thing, Mogri, will do!

Oh, and folks, I'll be posting In-Character stuff in color like the above, and any OOC stuff will be in plain text like this. You don't have to do the same, but if you are going to talk about any OOC stuff, do please label it as such. Just adding OOC: prior will be enough, thanks!
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 05, 2019 10:31 am
Send private message Reply with quote
(OOC: I'm not sure, but I think Catt and Daimo have the best saving rolls and attack bonus and and they should probably be the "front line".
They also are both decent at stealth. A good tactic might be for other characters to distract enemies so Catt can get behind them. Daimo can withdraw from a sticky melee situation a little better than others, I think we are looking at hit-and-run tactics. We all have ranged options?

Daimo is happy to lend or trade his Crossbow to anyone who wants it, especially Catt, for the purposes of sniping at a longer range.)
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 am
Send private message Reply with quote
"Hmmmm..." Catt hmmms. "Somebody coming from this way..."

Catt goes to the east door and looks and listens carefully, both for more hints about the approaching footsteps as well as for hidden traps in this direction.

"Maybe it's somebody friendly..." She speculates hopefully


(OOC I think those strategies sound good. Catt does already have a hand crossbow)
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
Valie speaks to her raven familiar, and asks it to check beyond the north gate for keys.


OOC:I forgot to send a sheet for the familiar, should I do that?
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Valie sends her familiar through the gate to the north while everyone else inspects the room.

By now, the sound that Catt heard earlier is audible to everyone. It seems like a slow, shuffling sort of march. There is also the sound of something dragging, like heavy metal across the stone floor. It's pretty slow though, and you figure that it'll be another five to ten minutes or so before whatever it is arrives. Then again, the acoustics of the place might be throwing you off, no way to know for sure.

Valie
Your familiar quickly returns and reports that just north are a set of stairs leading downwards. The stairs lead to a great hall filled with a bunch of large marble statues. There doesn't seem to be anyone or anything in that room.


Nah, no need to worry about sending the familiar's sheet. I'll trust you to keep track of it.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 12:46 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"Well that sounds... Friendly..." Cat mutters. "Probably a band of welcoming skeletons dragging a concessions cart"

The south exit is the obvious escape route, so Catt heads over there and starts checking the passage for traps"
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 1:11 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
The south exit opens up to a hallway about 10 feet across. Catt can see that a few feet down the hallway, there is a fork that turns left. Beyond the fork, the hallway opens up to a room, and as she has no problem with the darkness, she can see that the room contains what looks to be a garden or a grove of some sort, complete with a few trees here and there. Beyond that though, she can't see the rest of the room, as the trees and bushes are in the way.

Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"This way looks a little bit safe-ish" announces Catt.

She watches Valie's and her familiar, waiting to see if they learn anything useful.

"Who's got the statue? Boots, do you have it?" Catt asks, remembering that it was supposed to be useful for finding their way.
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 2:45 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
(Boots finds the statue and concentrates on it)
"Ah, this thing? I'm no expert but... oh, is it working, or just angry at me?"


(Boots wants to watch to see who arrives.)
"Better if we thin out our foes, than to be flanked and overwhelmed when dealing with another problem down the line."

Daimo makes a suggestion:
Cast Light on a single crossbow bolt (or expendable item), and place it (or shoot it) near the entrance of the east passage.
.....^
..XXXXX
..XXXXQ <---- there :P
<XXXXX>
..XXXXX
..XXXXX
.....V
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Ara manages to find her bag of marbles and pulls out one and casts light on it. Holding it out, she tilts her head at the others.

"Shall I?"


(OOC Dunno how often I can get online, just moved into the new house. BMR, If I intend to roll the marble, will my curse affect where it goes?)
Have a flower! ^-^~*
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 10:07 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
Valie ponders what her familiar told her and figures it nothing important right now. "So, Catt" she quickly says "You say the south is safe. I vote we go somewhere over there. Those footsteps are marching, so they're either guards or some kind of funeral procession. I think we would all like to not find out. There's nothing north but statues, not worth risking it." Valie gets her donkey ready to move, waiting for the others to come to some conclusion.
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 10:38 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"Totally safe!" Confirms Catt in a chipper tone


Then she carefully walks south until she can see around the fork in the path. She would actually like to make a more informed assessment of the safety of the south passage.
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Ara shrugs and returns the marble after ending the spell.

"I suppose it would be wiser to avoid any untimely encounters."

Have a flower! ^-^~*
Display posts from previous:
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  »