Dear Clowns - Your Input Needed!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Dear Clowns - Your Input Needed!

Post by The Wobbler »

Five years ago I ran this dumb contest that Moogle Man won heroically - https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112141

Would anyone be interested in another round?
Mogri
Super Slime

Re: Dear Clowns - Your Input Needed!

Post by Mogri »

The Wobbler wrote:Five years ago
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

It's seriously hard to believe that was five years ago already! I still feel like I just made Teekee maybe a couple years ago at most... even though I know that game came from the contest because that's why it has a pig named Hans Stinkman in it. XD

Unsure if I'd be able to enter anything into a 2019 edition, though. Been pretty busy with work and other things lately. Plus I really need to finish the Teekee game as soon as possible, as the real Teekee passed away earlier this year and it feels a little slimy that I didn't get his game done during his lifetime... :(

EDIT: wait, are the forums not doing the slime word-replacement thing anymore? I know that said "slimy" in the preview...
Last edited by FnrrfYgmSchnish on Sat May 11, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
ChalkFlower
Slime

Post by ChalkFlower »

Oh, really, that may be interesting~
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Hmm, I remember this distinctly. I'm pretty sure this contest was the first "finished" game I ever made. Use your noodle, man! Fond, fond memories.

I'm also not sure if I'd be able to participate. I already have commitments that I made and haven't followed up on, and adding another would be plain stupid. Depends on when it is, though. I graduate in about a month, so I'll conceivably have a lot more free time then (god forbid). Sorry for the completely wishywashy answer, but it's the best I can give right now.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

If we do this it would probably be July, because I'm going to be in the middle of moving for the next month. We'll see!!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

How about if I just hide a secret fart in Wandering Hamster and pretend that counts as participation? ;)
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:EDIT: wait, are the forums not doing the slime word-replacement thing anymore? I know that said "slimy" in the preview...
It got slightly broken in the version upgrade. It's still working when I quote your post, but it doesn't filter at post-time anymore -- it was giving me problems, and I had a deluge of more important things to fix at the time. I might go back and fix it.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

If it's July I can probably jam something out. Even more likely if an artist wants to collaborate ;) That's the part I tend to get hung up on the most. PvPRPG would have been nothing without Gaplan <3
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife