We are upgraded

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

As Idontknow pointed out in the Discord, reviews also appear to be unlinked too. It shows the slime icon where reviews should be but it links to the gamelist entry.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I attempted to fix the game detail pages only to find that my changes are not going live. I suspect this is because we are transitioning to a new datacenter (in an attempt to fix the Oh Nos). I'll have to take another crack at it tomorrow.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Game detail pages are working now. Review links seem to be fine, too, although I didn't specifically do anything to fix them. Either I misunderstood the problem, or they were broken for the same reason the text of the page was.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I have no reason to think that this was broken by the recent php upgrade but...

When viewing a PM the "Delete Message" and "Delete Attachments" buttons don't work. Both send me back to my inbox without deleting anything. I've never used these before, so I don't know whether it used to work. My "attachbox" is nearly full, so I need to delete some attachments. I'm pleased I can supposedly delete attachments without deleting PMs, but there's no indication in the inbox and sentbox views to show which PMs have attachment - a little paperclip icon would be most welcome.
I tried deleting a PM from the inbox view by marking and then deleting the marked PM, and that worked.

Also, my Inbox and Sentbox both only show the last 41 PMs (since Feb 2019/Dec 2018). My inbox and sendbox are 49% and 88% full. I think there must be a Page 2, but there's no link to that page. After I deleted a PM, a new PM came into view at the bottom, so it's definitely not deleted the earlier ones.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The pagination was an easy fix, but I'm guessing the delete button is less easy. I've just bumped up your quota for the time being. I notice my own inbox is getting full as well, so I'll probably have to fix this eventually...
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Can someone send me a test PM? It says my attachbox is 0% full but my inbox is 100% full. I am curious if that means I can't get any messages, or if old ones will be deleted as I get new ones
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Sent.

By the way, I suspect the sentbox counts toward your PM limit.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yep, I got both test PMs. It looks like old PMs get deleted off the bottom of the list, which seems reasonable (my oldest one is almost 10 years old)
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Thanks! That's generous.

PM limit? There's a single attachbox limit but I thought each message box has a separate limit on number? Looks like it's roughly 250 messages in sentbox and 450 in inbox.

If your attachbox is too full then someone who tries to send you a PM with an attachment receives an error message saying it couldn't be sent.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I haven't looked into it much, but if it's only now causing a problem, and that problem was punted a decade or so by raising your attachbox limit, then I'm kiiinda inclined to keep not looking into it.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh, I'm not complaining about that, it's reasonable behaviour. I was just stating that in reply to James, who asked something related.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I can't download anything from the gamelist. Old files, newly uploaded files, nothing works. Downloading attachments to PMs also doesn't work. download.php returns HTTP error 500 Internal Server Error.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Fixed, thanks.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Another problem very similar to a previous one: you can't view the second and later pages of a search results page. I clicked on games tagged Complete from the Search page, and the page links don't work.

(Since there are so many games tagged Complete I wish you could view regular gamelist views like Recent Changes, Highest Voted, etc. filtered by tag. I need to get back to work on my own gamelist)
Last edited by TMC on Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

That doesn't seem to be a new issue, but it was an easy fix.

I like the idea of viewing the tag result list as a gamelist. I might give that a try.