We are upgraded

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

We are upgraded

Post by Mogri »

I've upgraded the PHP version used by the site, and it caused some problems that I've been slowly sorting out. If you run into any problems from this point on, please bring them to my attention.

I was hoping this upgrade would fix the sporadic "Oh no!" messages you may or may not have been seeing, but it does not appear to have helped in that department.
Last edited by Mogri on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Well I could mention that all posts are blank, but I figure you already know that one.

So yikes, you're manually fixing up incompatibilities in this old phpbb version? With customisations like the gamelist, I guess moving to a newer phpbb version requires a rewrite.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Edit: double posted as I got that Oh No! message when I tried to post, and thought it hadn't worked. I don't see a Delete button.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Well, the obvious, major issue has been cleared up. I expect it's not the only one.

I do see a delete button, but it's probably because I'm an admin. I could delete your double post, but then this post wouldn't make any sense.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Uploading avatars or selecting them from the gallery appears to be broken at the moment.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Hmm, there's no delete button on this post (I write this after editing), but I do see delete buttons on posts I've made previously in other threads (when they are the last post in the thread). There's no minimum age before you can delete, is there? Or different behaviour in Front Page?
Last edited by TMC on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Very low urgency compared to anything forum-related, but the arena main page has an error about deprecated ereg_replace() which I guess is going to need to be switched to preg_replace()
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I deal {{4d6}} radiant damage against old versions of php
Judge Slimehold
Master Judge of Battles

Post by Judge Slimehold »

<p><b>Bob the Hamster</b> rolls...</p><ul><li><b>4d6:</b> (3 + 4 + 1 + 3) &rArr; 11</li></ul>
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

TMC wrote:Hmm, there's no delete button on this post (I write this after editing), but I do see delete buttons on posts I've made previously in other threads (when they are the last post in the thread). There's no minimum age before you can delete, is there? Or different behaviour in Front Page?
It's probably a Front Page thing.

Thanks for reporting the avatars issue. It should work properly now. Apparently, PHP7 just gives up when it encounters a function with over 30 arguments.

I've also resolved the arena news page, and I'm working on the wiki now.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The wiki is back on its feet (and upgraded, for what that's worth), and that fixes everything I'm aware of now. The site should be functioning as usual -- fingers crossed -- although I'm still working with Dreamhost support to resolve the sporadic "Oh no!" errors.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Uhhh... Is it just me or do all the games in the gamelist have blank descriptions?
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

Bob the Hamster wrote:I deal {{4d6}} radiant damage against old versions of php
Old PHP counters with a D20 crit hit save, and +20 Changing Times resist
Judge Slimehold
Master Judge of Battles

Post by Judge Slimehold »

<p><b>ArtimusBena</b> rolls...</p><ul><li><b>4d6:</b> (3 + 3 + 5 + 2) &rArr; 13</li></ul>
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

I apparently rolled a one in humor, as my response hath been foiled by unrelenting Bot of Logic.
Last edited by ArtimusBena on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.