Page «  1, 2, 3 ... , 96, 97, 98  »
Slime Knight

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 6:40 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
edgy_damien_184.png
Like American Kirby, giving Damien angry eyebrows makes him 300% edgier
Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
Please don't mention redoing the walkabouts with walktall or custom sizes. Zombie

I hope not. I want to play the finished Vikings before I have any grandchildren, haha. Good luck cleaning up the cut scenes, and I'm hyped for the Freki change. (I'd rather see her join earlier than the point before the halfway dungeon, buuuut that's just me. V )

Anyways, I'm taking a break from my personal game because of RGC shenanigans, but here's what Part 2 (Part 1 was the hotohr entry) Damien will look like. Some of the other characters will get new outfits too.
His expectation is to become a GAMESTAR
Red Slime

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 6:53 pm
<3 you Feeen!

I might be convinced to remaster some of the Vikings music. Haha, some of the things in there annoy me now.
Slime Knight

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Omg please do! I'd love a remaster of the Vikings OST, it's one of my all time favorite game soundtracks.

I used to like, listen to it on my phone with a janky old midi playing app while waiting for class, and even used one of those midi to mp3 converters to put the music into Smash Bros on Wii. A remaster would be sooo amazing.
His expectation is to become a GAMESTAR
Red Slime

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 pm
Well, you've inspired me! A remaster might actually turn into an overhaul, though haha. Not sure if audio would be viable in OHR, but I retooled the intro to the title screen music today, (I had way too much nonsense going on in the background, and a host of dissonant notes), and used a vst:

http://www.castleparadox.com/songlist-display.php?song=475
Metal Slime

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 pm
ArtimusBena wrote:
Well, you've inspired me! A remaster might actually turn into an overhaul, though haha. Not sure if audio would be viable in OHR, but I retooled the intro to the title screen music today, (I had way too much nonsense going on in the background, and a host of dissonant notes), and used a vst:

http://www.castleparadox.com/songlist-display.php?song=475

Sounds fine by me! Actually, almost has a sort of "chanting" feeling to it when the melody kicks in!
Every day's a sale. Every sale a win.
Metal Slime

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 pm
Viking0010.png
Why this place doesn't look familiar AT ALL...
Went back through and revamped the ENTIRE weapons and armor lists, repriced it all, and made sure each piece of equipment is sold somewhere. More importantly, they now show up in ~roughly~ a sensible order when found, so that you've got the chance to buy them before heading into the next story dungeon where they'd actually be useful. This should also help somewhat to cut down all the excess items you're carrying around "just in case" they're needed, but you never actually end up using them.

Also edited every shop so you don't NEED the crafting materials to make the item in question. This was one of the larger complaints, and while it was a cool idea in theory, in practice it was kind of a pain in the neck from a player standpoint. The crafting materials will probably get used at some enormous magical anvil somewhere (probably in the Dwarf town, for thematic purposes) where you could literally turn them into whatever items you want. I'm thinking if you took the time to grind up dozens of materials, you should be able to buy endgame equipment early on.

This also means I'm going to have to go back and test out every monster formation with (A) the equipment you're expected to have at the time you run into it, (B) the best stuff you COULD have, and (C) only the stuff you find directly on the way that doesn't require hunting for - ie: the speedrunner/lazy player approach.
A Scrambled Egg

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pm
ezgif-2-9c31940a4ca6.gif
Bob1998.gif
Walthros20190001.gif
Goofing around testing some blobby bros
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal Slime

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 pm
OHRodents0010.png
"Medium enemies"
Since we can resize sprites I decided to do something silly:

Small Enemies are all rodents, even though the Mother Lode Rat is 150x150 pixels

Medium Enemies are most other enemies, be they predatory animals or whatever

Large Enemies are humans, whose sprites thus far are all 50x50
NO EAT
Metal Slime

PostFri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 am
Viking0001.png
BLOOD OCEAN
Viking0007.png
The darkened forest...
Viking backdrop5b.png
Glowy!
Viking0005.png
The wintry forest.
SOME graphic updates.
A Scrambled Egg

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Walthros20190002.gif
Salom.gif
WalthrosTest.gif
Those Vikings updates are gorgeous

Maptile test for the new game: I really do not enjoy drawing tiles but I'm doing this one solo. It's more or less the only way this project can happen at all. Right now the music is the only part that I won't be making.
Metal King Slime

PostSun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 pm
A new Walthros game!
Accomodating extra wide sprites (and of course these Walthrusian fish are a lot fatter than humans) with the tileset like that works really well. Am I seeing this right, are you using a script to push apart the hero and NPC when you talk to an NPC, so they won't overlap? That's really nice.
A Scrambled Egg

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 1:50 am
TMC wrote:
A new Walthros game!
Accomodating extra wide sprites (and of course these Walthrusian fish are a lot fatter than humans) with the tileset like that works really well. Am I seeing this right, are you using a script to push apart the hero and NPC when you talk to an NPC, so they won't overlap? That's really nice.

Thanks! The script checks if there's a wall behind the hero or the NPC to determine who to push away; if there's no wall, it's the NPC that gets pushed. It looked weird when they'd overlap during conversation so I had to figure something out. North/south interactions look fine so no one moves.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 6:33 am
Nathan Warrior0004.png
Same tileset as OHRodents. I think I'm going to scrap that and not have Nathan be "out of scale" to the rest of the game.
Nathan Warrior0001.png
I drew that slime sprite a long time ago for another GB-style Dragon Warrior fan game.
Nathan Warrior0017.png
Plot is going to be very straightforward. Achievable goals help keep a project focused and manageable.
Nathan Warrior Backdrop 003.png
This is what cutscene backdrops look like before importing. Had to experiment a bit to figure out how the engine crops non-standard backdrops.
Nathan Warrior0019.png
Nathan Warrior0018.png
I decided to go back to my RPG roots and make a game inspired by the first two RPGs I ever played, Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 on the GameBoy Color. The game features such features as a reduced screen resolution, text boxes two lines tall, and many sprites being smaller than the standard box for them.

Using turn-based combat here rather than my usual "Active-time combat but with pausing on all menus".

Going to go with minimal attack animations, focusing more on captions for battle presentation.
NO EAT
Red Slime

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 10:00 pm
Working on a new little game called Amazing Treasure Valley!
In the game, you wander around, and find treasure, in an amazing valley!

At the start of the game, you answer a quiz to determine the look of your "Puppet Body".
Amazing Treasure Valley is set somewhere else. Another world where people go to when they want to get away from modern life. It's impossible to exist there without a special body!
With all the combinations of Heads, Faces, Bodies, and Colour Palettes, there's just over 11,000 different ways you can look!

And of course, there's plenty of interesting people to meet!
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 11:33 pm
Looks Fantastic!

What ever happened with tender caves of death though?
Page «  1, 2, 3 ... , 96, 97, 98  »