CAMPAIGN: Queen Arkwyn's Crown (D&D5e)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

"I believe the Flying Eye Goddess could match Captain Le Bleu's ship in fair combat on the open sea... But in the close quarters of the harbor, and allowing for ambush or surprise, anything is possible"
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Hyne is caught off guard by what is said. "No mincing words about this, huh? You really think the Flying Eye got attacked?" He gently wrests a shoulder, "I suppose she wouldn't need to face consequences for what happens to civilians, after all."

He looks back, "We should probably tell the Captain."
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Meleander considers, and then says "I was speaking hypothetically, and based on my knowledge of Captain LeBleu's reputation for ruthlessness and my estimation of the capabilities of her ship... But yes. It could have happened. I am most concerned simply because it is her ship, and not the Goddess which currently approaches us."

While Hyne and Meleander had been speaking, the little kobold with the basket of eggs wanders up to the rock where they are standing. It squints in the direction of the ship.

"You people very big. Very tall... Maybe they have spyglass too."
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Hyne shakes his head, "I didn't notice any sort of damage on the ship, and I doubt she would be here and here so quickly if the vessel didn't have fully stocked ammunition. If I had to guess she brought backup to engage with other ships or blockade them."

When the little kobold informs them that they might be watched, Hyne figures it is probably too late to avoid being seen if he can be. Instead he suggests, "We will need to discuss with the captain on how to proceed. I should probably pay our friend from the seafaring pyre a visit as well." After that he begins to head back.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Returning back to the grotto where the Yanorin is at anchor, Hyne can see that the crew is in a cheerful mood. Someone has produced a stringed instrument, and is playing a lively tune. Some kobold-sized are accompanying on tiny high-pitched drums. One couple is dancing.

Oxnar is on deck, and standing close to the gambling hut, watching the game.

Captain Crawford is not currently visible on deck.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Hyne paces to Oxnar without regarding much of what is going on in the room. He lightly taps his shoulder a couple of times with the back of his hand and asks him while giving one last look around, "Have you seen where the captain went?" When he has Oxnar's attention he lowers his voice to a hush, "Le Blau's ship is approaching."

He doesn't elaborate further. He fully expects Oxnar to realize the gravity of what that means.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

When Hyne approaches, Oxnar smiles, and tells Hyne "I think the Captain is below deck"

When informed about Le Bleu's approach, Oxnar's smile falls, and his brow furrows, as if he is trying to work out the significance of this development.
Insight check {{1d20+0}} DC 12 and DC 18
Judge Slimehold
Master Judge of Battles

Post by Judge Slimehold »

<p><b>Bob the Hamster</b> rolls...</p><ul><li><b>1d20+0:</b> 10 + 0 &rArr; 10</li></ul>
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Oxnar shakes his head. "Scorpion Le Bleu? Coming here? Why would she be coming here? How does she even know we are here?"
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Hyne takes a breath with his gaze shifting elsewhere, "I honestly haven't the faintest of ideas. Must have been a lucky guess. It doesn't matter though, we already know she's not here to do an inspection. We're in danger."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

"Truth!" Oxnar says,spitting the word out like an expletive. "What do we do?"

and then before giving Hyne a chance to answer, Oxnar's eyes grow wide. With a tone that is half accusation and half panic, he says "You still have it! You still have it, and SHE has some way of tracking it!"

Oxnar is not keeping his voice down. Several of the people nearby on deck are watching and listening now.

"Tracking what?" asks Weisanna.