Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  »
Liquid Metal Slime
OHR One-Room Contest 2019 
 PostTue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Hello everyone! Welcome back to the second year of making very tiny games in the OHR!

Objective:

Make a small-scale game that takes place in one finite space.

Rules of Submission:

Game must be played from beginning to end on one map 50 tiles wide and 50 tiles tall
    Gameplay does not have to use the entirety of the map, but in order to qualify, the map must have these exact dimensions.
    The use of doors is generally discouraged due to being slightly against the theme. That being said, you will not be disqualified for using doors.
    Map may have multiple rooms/sections or be one large, continuous space.

Dates:
    Contest begins officially February 1, 2019
    Games must be submitted by February 17, 2019
    Post in this forum Today to let me know you want to participate.

Judging & Rewards:
Your submission must fulfill 2 criteria to be valid:
    It is a game
    It has one map of size 50x50 tiles

All games that fulfill these requirements will get a review from me (and hopefully other volunteers).

Additionally, the community will vote on a game to receive Big Kid Club Champion Award and be forever immortalized in this thread.

I don’t have much else to offer by way of rewards. If someone wants to volunteer something, or if you have any ideas for what I could do, post below.

Notes:

Feel free to start thinking of ideas before the contest officially begins. The aim of this contest is to come out with finished games. Do whatever planning and designing you feel will help you create a game you’re happy with.

These should be SMALL games. The intention of the one room constraint is to force a small scope in a community that has such infamous scope-creep problems. (The constraint is meant to help you, not hurt you!)

If you have any further questions, or if there’s anything I’ve failed to mention, ask away!
I can't write in cursive.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 12:59 am
One 1x50 hallway, coming up! I'm only going to be using three vertical rows aesthetically, but maybe I'll put some pixel art off in the margins that no player's going to see or something.
NO EAT
Metal Slime

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 4:06 am
I'll be entering. Been throwing together some ideas for it already. Yes, this is impinging on me finishing that one-map contest game I started a year ago, but it'll for real be 2 weeks and no overscoping this time.
Metal Slime

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 7:54 am
My partner is off to the states for a week in that window, so I Kno what I'll be doing! I'll donate a prize too (probably a steam game).
vvight.wordpress.com
Metal Slime

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 8:54 am
I managed to take on a lot of work recently, but I'll give this a shot. Have a thing or two I want to try out with this, so I'll see how far I get with my plans.
https://twitter.com/ffeenixcks
Red Slime

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 9:21 am
I'm already working on at least three other games, but I'll try to take this in a different direction from Birdcaged.
https://asteroids-keeper.itch.io/
Chemical Slime

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 6:25 pm
My aim is not to get disqualified this time!
I know, I'm very ambitious.
Slime Knight

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 pm
I might try to make something. I might not.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 6:03 pm
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 10.01.37 AM.png
Let the games begin! You may now officially start making your one-room games. And please, post your progress and ideas in this thread, if you don't mind sharing them! I'll start off.

Here's a little sneak peek at what I'm working on.
Metal Slime

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 pm
Let the (admittedly tiny) games begin

Could a mod sticky this thread?
Super Slime

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 10:25 pm
I was thinking the other day that we needed a good contest. I don't know if I'll have time to make something for this, but I'll try.
Mega Tact v1.1
Super Penguin Chef
Wizard Blocks
Liquid Metal Slime

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 pm
snakeway0002.png
Booty.
snakeway0003.png
Grinding fodder.
snakeway0000.png
snakeway0001.png
The story: A mermaid winds up inside the mouth of a giant sea serpent. Here she meets a pirate captain and the two fight their way leftward to the exit.

Monsters most commonly drop four items: Meat (heals 25 HP), fish (restores 3 MP), fruit (cures poison), and bones (a throwing weapon slightly stronger than your base attack, and not being melee you can aim at pesky back-row support monsters or whatever). Some attacks are extra effective against normal animals, flying animals, fish, plants, or skeletons.

Fact: Skeletons are cooler than mummies.
NO EAT
Red Slime

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 5:41 am
I'm cooking up a spicy tiny game about trains, but in the meantime, I can throw in for whoever wins the contest a small 3D printed object of the winner's choice. It can be a character from your game, a d&d mini, or whatever else you want.
Metal Slime

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 8:02 am
Those graphics are gorgeous, KyleKrack.
vvight.wordpress.com
Liquid Metal Slime

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 10:41 am
guo wrote:
Those graphics are gorgeous, KyleKrack.

I didn't make them, they're from an asset pack