Page «  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
A Scrambled Egg

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 4:40 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Looks like it varies based on Android version, even though all of their documentation just says "100 MB is the current limit." I wrote to a support line at Google and got this answer:

"Additionally, APK files have a maximum file size, based on the Android version your APK supports:

100MB - APKs that target Android 4.0 and higher (API level 9 or higher)
50MB - APKs that target Android 3.2 and lower (API level 8 or lower)"
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Metal King Slime

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 am
That makes sense... although we do now "target" Android 8.0+. I think the answer you got from the help desk (wow! I'm amazed you got a reply from Google!) must mean "APKs that support Android 3.2 and lower". So I guess you're going to have to get James to build the .apk with the minimum supported android version bumped to API 9. That's trivial, it just requires editing a config file.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 9:37 pm
The game's YouTube series is still in production and posts every Tuesday through Friday at 1pm EST (with last week being an exception) for those interested. We're currently up to Part 20 and flexing around in Boston.

Click below to see the full playlist:

Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy Gameplay Playlist

Alternatively, here are the first four episodes if you want to watch them independently:

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Place Obligatory Signature Here
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 am
TMC wrote:
That makes sense... although we do now "target" Android 8.0+. I think the answer you got from the help desk (wow! I'm amazed you got a reply from Google!) must mean "APKs that support Android 3.2 and lower". So I guess you're going to have to get James to build the .apk with the minimum supported android version bumped to API 9. That's trivial, it just requires editing a config file.

I was trying to do this tonight, but I couldn't find where I am supposed to change the minimum api. I thought I remembered seeing it in AndroidAppSettings.cfg, but nope! all I see there is AppSettingVersion=17

I do see a minSdkVersion line inside project/AndroidManifestTemplate.xml so I can try that, it I am really just guessing.

EDIT: okay, when I change that and rebuild, I can see that the change propigates to both project/AndroidManifest.xml and project/AndroidManifest.xml so I am cautiously optimistic that it was the right file to edit :)
Metal King Slime

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 6:56 am
Yes, that's the one.
A Scrambled Egg

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 2:23 pm
DtyG-6pVAAAS07p.jpg large.jpg
It worked and the game's up on Google Play now! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.superwalrusland.kaiju

For anyone who hasn't uploaded to Google before there's a fun survey they make you take about burps.
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Page «  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20