OHR House Neo Rebirth Fate EX YI ZIE Plus Ultra Alpha Extra

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Interested????(?)

no
17%
HELL no
8%
I feel forced into it at this point
25%
no, but i'll watch you crash and burn from the sidelines. Go team! ... ...I'm helping!
17%
I don't want to, but I will. Mainly because I want you to stop you somehow. But also because I don't know what I'm doing.
8%
I was just kidding when I wrote the other options. This is the secret poll option. Pick this one. It's the best and will unlock ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffgoo
17%
Yes, but please stop with the goo related hijinks.
No votes
Stop talking about goo. I literally just came here to tell you that, and it's not a request either. Just stop.
No votes
I will MAIL you my UNDERWEAR. Wear them on your head whilst dancing under the full moon, and our pact will be honoured.
No votes
Slime is, frankly, much better than goo. And I'm going to explain why below.
8%

Total votes: 12

SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

OHR House Neo Rebirth Fate EX YI ZIE Plus Ultra Alpha Extra

Post by SwordPlay »

OHR House Extra Goo Edition
I would like a new format for a new OHR House.
For example, comedy, and taste... I know. I'm very ambitious.

It's ART you luddite neanderthal piece of slime
Arcane utterances and poorly formed gibberish that passes for language at a glance!
Made up of over 90% forgotten dreams and badly-stolen jokes by weight!

Artwork made from pure distilled nightmares!
That also has nothing to do with the OHR house, I just didn't know how to bring it up.
What I'm trying to say is this is ARTWORK that won't quit, even when you wish it would. This is a bitter pill, my friend.
Like granny used to make.

Music that envelops your soul and enlightenes your mind. A sensory experience comparable to snorting the moon. THE ENTIRE MOON. I'm sure I'm not overselling this.

Maybe something else. Whatever people feel like adding. Comedy. Style. Graphics. Music. Writing. Used underwear. Goo.

Comedy battles.
Witness the hideously malformed depictions of your favourite characters! WHY?!
Gasp as things shuffle back and forth across the screen listlessly, as if begging for the sweet embrace of death!
Bow your head in feigned humility as the goo lords* dance in the night sky above the ocean, hoping that they do not see your sins and judge you unworthy, smiting you with goo. They are watching everything, an omniscient and everpresent looming reminder of our mortality.. Thank god they have the speed of toothpaste squeezed from a tube. But beware. As well as being fast as toothpaste, they are also as dangerous as toothpaste.... and just as minty fresh.

Shenanigans and Romance
Meet, love, worship, kill and spread goo on various important (?) characters such as
- misc OHR denizens and legends, past, present (and FUTURE?!)... with their permission... of course...
Will it be enough to impress some misc randoms from the OHR? Probably. Yes. These are very low standards.

Gag shtick
You are goo now. Don't spend it all in one place. Also, don't show anyone your goo. They are jealous and want to steal it. Ride off into the sunset on a goo. The circle of life.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Imagination. Life is your creation."
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

"I never played any of the OHR Houses so I don't even know what's going on here please help I need an adult" will be the 1st line of the game in accordance with prophecy

I think there might be a thing where you can vote someone INTO the house, as well as out of it.
I think there might be 2 different houses, a good house and a bad house, and people can vote who gets transferred where, as well as eliminations

with guest appearances. *cough* from... possibly other people. Post suggestions below!

Also, countless apologies to MK who was already musing about making an OHR house. hmu bro
Last edited by SwordPlay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 am, edited 11 times in total.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I don't entirely think the format is a great idea anymore. It's a much more time consuming and demanding project than you might imagine since you have to write, draw and script something in a time frame that maintains people's interests. That's why OHR House: Heroes took so long at the end, I wanted to make a very action heavy arc to set it apart from JSH's OHR House. I think a few other people have tried to make a weekly/monthly reality show and it just didn't work out, likely because of a lack of interest or a lack of time to devote to the episodes.

I have had a script for OHR House: Heroes Season 2 in my back pocket for maybe 5 years and I haven't done it because I know once you start... there's really no stopping until it's done and there's more compelling things to do than make a game/movie with episodes that appeal to a small audience who you will have to harass to vote and contribute.

Surlaw and I have discussed Season 2 a lot over the years and I think we came to the conclusion the game/show wouldn't thrive in the format it did during the original House or Heroes did. You'll likely need to expand to Youtube, and will anybody watch it without voice acting? There's a ton of stuff involved and I mean, if you're prepared to do it and make it good, then go for it. But doing it just to do it is a classic bad reboot idea. Do it right or don't do it at all.

I will say, if I were going to do Season 2 of Heroes, I'd have a team and not let it just be me anymore. I'd have extra writers, people to assist with tiles, possibly script help. The demands of writing, drawing, scripting, plus the pressure of doing good work fast is stressful.

I should probably post the script to the Season 2 pilot someday or just make it for the sake of making it one of these days. It's still funny, but the characters I picked for it might not be relevant anymore since so many other games have come out since then.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Great point, thank you for your insight. On consideration, I probably won't have time or energy to do it. Still fun to think about though. I'm not sure why the format has to be strictly as a media thing. It would make a great forum game, perhaps with images and such.
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

I'd be down for whatever you feel like doing, though I do feel like trying to churn out games constantly would be quite draining unless you had a well organized team. Maybe have it be more like a forum game, and have a "sketch comedy show" sort of companion game that has various scenes from the overall story? Or hell, come up with a totally new format/setting that is more accommodating and have it be a full on sketch comedy/game hybrid production that gets put together every few months.

I used to write sketch comedy back in college so I could help a bit with the writing, especially if we put together a colorful cast. (which I know would be by far the easiest part)

As much as everyone wants to make the next big fat youtube production, I'd rather we just do what makes us happy and utilize whatever platforms suit our ideas.
Working as intended!
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Idontknow wrote:I'd be down for whatever you feel like doing, though I do feel like trying to churn out games constantly would be quite draining unless you had a well organized team. Maybe have it be more like a forum game, and have a "sketch comedy show" sort of companion game that has various scenes from the overall story? Or hell, come up with a totally new format/setting that is more accommodating and have it be a full on sketch comedy/game hybrid production that gets put together every few months.

I used to write sketch comedy back in college so I could help a bit with the writing, especially if we put together a colorful cast. (which I know would be by far the easiest part)

As much as everyone wants to make the next big fat youtube production, I'd rather we just do what makes us happy and utilize whatever platforms suit our ideas.
I feel those are all great ideas. If there is enough interest it may work out.
I am open to suggestions!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I urge you to make this.
The work will help you grow as a creator.
The lack of universal interest will allow you the freedom to go nuts.
The community needs it!
YOU NEED IT!
I NEEEED IT!

The people have spoken!
This is happening!

It's either happening with you or TO you?!

Swordplay, start the pixelated people process!
graphic up a house!
use free to use graphics if you must!
Put this together however you feel it would be best to put this together!

The time has come!!
The future is the past!
This is our present!

...seriously though, make the thing. It'll be fun.

Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

I dunno... but that was damned inspirational. and I thank ye for that. Muchos gracias.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
woahpotato
Red Slime

Post by woahpotato »

a weapon to surpass kaiju big battel
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

OHR Big House :
a nonstop party which is unfortunately lame, but lets hang out in the bathroom and- uh, nothing.
also stay out of the basement.

OHR Trials :
fight to overcome hazards, punks, and that weirdo in the mirror.
cus its fun and you want to show how hard you are.

OHR Date :
a lovely time between friends. or thrilling time with a stranger who definitely isn't a slime.
there is no guarantee of happiness but you are free to pursue it.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

THE HOUSE IS ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF GAMES
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the house is a sentient being whose will can be interpreted by e.g., the dev team
Maybe it should be called OHR Magical Dreaming Sentient Palace.

Having the house control everything as some arbitrary ruler makes things simple.
The house itself could be the narrator.

THE HOUSE IS A HOST TO MANY AND A PARENT TO ALL
Everyone seeks something from the house, and are transformed from coming into contact with various parts of it (corresponding to CUSTOM's different parts which each person uses differently).

LIKE IT
Some people worship and harness the house's life giving properties, and its transcendentally functional nature. (Designers/Composers)

LOVE IT
And then there are those who seek pure expression as artists and designers, who somewhat adore its wonderous and life-affirming messages, and they are keen to add more. (Artists/Authors)

LEARN IT
Others seeks mastery over the forms of the house, and see it as a challenge to be as strong as possible. The house has an infinite learning curve, limited only by understanding. (Radicals/Progressives)

LEAD IT
Great Bob is the leader of the House, backed up by the Dev team and the spirit of developers past.
Still he is not invincible, and it's more like he maintains the house, rather than rules it.

LOST IN IT
People who use the engine create their own dimensions in the simulations of the house. It projects a reality in is confines. Some people live inside the house, in fact, the house is home to countless ecosystems which have spilled out of the myriad dimensions... It is a shifting labyrinth, but familiar to those who have traversed it before.

THE HOUSE IS A GOD
The house nurtures and expresses all this as a living, breathing world. It is a God-like thing, and has strange powers (make it up as you go along)

It is a creature with intangible whims and curiosities. This is what makes it so brilliant, and so very dangerous.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 43 times in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

I wrote stuff for each person. But now I wonder if there should be a game on SS or discord that could handle this more effectively.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 am, edited 56 times in total.
woahpotato
Red Slime

Post by woahpotato »

i didn't read all of that but i saw the word date and was immediately intrigued
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

"OHR Date"? Have you played OHR Date? Do you know it's a (series of) games by Shadowiii? (Hopefully there's a retrospective review somewhere?)

...Did you say dice rolls? Brilliant, just look at how popular DnD is around here, including the play-by-post games run on this forum. Lots of people here who know how to roleplay the resut of a dice roll. Heck, just run a DnD campaign where everyone plays a caricature of someone else!

I remember a lot of the OHR House games having a pretty weak (boring) initial premise and instead deriving the entertainment from the interactions between characters. A good initial premise would be better. (That makes my vote 'OHR Trials')

As Idontknow said, a colourful cast is key. So what you want to do is make everyone into a caricature of their most recognisable traits. Must be recognisable. Honestly, a lot of people on the cast list I don't know anything about, so would never recognise them in a story.
"Frighteningly keen" is such a nice compliment! Thanks. But then what are you?

I think some of your characterisations are off. Sure, Charbile is dapper, but more importantly he's got ambitions to rule the world, aside from being Fantastic Mr Fox (err... which I haven't read/seen, but that's what Charbile himself said) and talking to you in a kind of creepy half-patronising half-cheerleading way if to foreshadow that he's the secret final boss and wants to see you make it to the final dungeon so that he can prove he's better than the best. (Am I the only person who reads everything Charbile writes this way?! Don't tell me I'm crazy! Don't get me started on Rinku...) So put him in the 'furs' category at least.
And Fyrewulff would be his e-sports-obsessed ex-side-kick-who-thought-he-was-the-boss but quit the world-domination business to go into underground alternate reality game [s]psychological manipulation[/s] marketing.

...Hey, wait just a damn minute, you deleted all that stuff from your post!
And I refreshed the page and it all changed completely, again!
Seriously Sword, I edit half my posts after making them (including this one), often a half dozen times, but I don't completely rewrite them three times over the next day! I'm getting some ideas for how I might write you...
Last edited by TMC on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

I can't wait to date some hot local ohr moms
Working as intended!