Official wiki page is down

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Foxley
Metal Slime

Official wiki page is down

Post by Foxley »

I'm just seeing a blank white page. Anyone know what's up?
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Ahh yes I noticed that before bed too but was too sleepy to post about it. I just figured it was temporary, didn't think it would still be down by the time I woke up...
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

No clue, but I see it too. It was working just last night.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Still down.

For people trying to get to the download page to download nightlies, TMC provided this link in the Discord chat:
http://mirror.motherhamster.org/wiki/rp ... _Page.html

This site mirror is very out of date, but the download links to the current nightlies still work.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yep, I'll feed it when I get a chance, but I don't know exactly how soon that will be. I'm currently right in the middle of of my move.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Looks like James missed World Backup Day, March 31st 2018! - this mirror is over a year out of date!

You can also view a copy on archive.org:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180328022 ... /Main_Page
Skeletoxin
Slime

Post by Skeletoxin »

Any ideas on how I can get the most recent version while the site is down? I screwed about with the engine about a year ago trying to make an overly ambitious joke game. I obviously burnt out quickly, but I wanted to try picking it back up with a simpler project in mind this time. Worst case scenario I can start messing with the 2017 backup. Do projects port well between versions of the editor?

EDIT:
Okay, so the nightlies are still up to date, I didn't properly read the initial post by Foxley. That said, how do things work with porting projects from the nightlies to stable releases? Sorry for the newbie question, I just want to make sure that if I put in some real effort past just learning the engine that it isn't wasted energy.
Last edited by Skeletoxin on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

You can only port from a nightly to a stable if the stable is more recent, otherwise all the nifty new features you used simply won't exist.
vvight.wordpress.com
Skeletoxin
Slime

Post by Skeletoxin »

I should've specified that I meant for when new stable builds come out. Thanks for the response though!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Occasionally there is a some small problem in nightlies that needs your attention when you want to shift to a newer stable build or nightly. If so, we'll mention it in IMPORTANT-nightly.txt. Other than that, you can always freely upgrade to a more recent version.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I got the wiki fixed.

An update to the ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha extension broke the configuration, but it was easy to fix (I just had to comment out one obsolete line)
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Phew. But the wiki still isn't fully working: you can't edit pages, whether you're logged in or not. You get: "Error from line 20 of /home/james_paige/rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/extensions/ConfirmEdit/includes/ConfirmEditHooks.php: Class 'QuestyCaptcha' not found"
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Whoops!

yes, in addition to removing and old line to the LocalSettings.php I had to add a new one.

Seems to be working now :)