METACHAT: The Unburning (D&D5e)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Newbie Newtype wrote:was the substance that fell on Normin at the building on fire gel-like? It's been awhile and I'm trying to remember what it was like
No, it is not gel like. It is a thick liquid, but not so thick it is gel. Maybe more the texture of corn syrup.

Normin was able to extract a sample of it from his robes, and could still have it in a flask if you wish.

From the old thread:
Newbie Newtype wrote:Normin spends the evening disrobed and working only wearing a very modest one piece undergarment and his hat, but not without practical reason, of course: he spends time at a desk squeezing out the remaining damp fluids of the alchemy concoction into a bowl.

He prods a stick into the liquid, stirring it slightly. As of right now there is nothing he can do to separate the mixture into its individual components, but something about the idea strikes him- like he is supposed to know more. As he stirs with the stick, its wooden composition is thought to be silver in his mind. The more his idle tinkering continues, the more the elderly gnome feels as though his ideas are natural and instinct.

He is starting to recall transmutation.

His next morning is spent finishing the transfer of spells that he had borrowed from the school, adding to his timid collection he has already. He has not made any agenda besides otherwise.
Bob the Hamster wrote:Night passes

Normin

Normin has been working. In examining the residue of the green liquid he recovered from his hat and clothes, he learned that its purpose is to temporarily and partially paralyze anyone who ingests it. Skin contact seems harmless. The amount he recovered is probably not enough to administer a full dose.
Also this leads back to what I noticed recently, that I mised a Day in Normin's timeline. The current date should be 19-midwinter, the day *after* you guys got the job and put out the fire.

I can fix the continuity in two ways:

1) We could say Normin spent the morning and afternoon of 19-midwinter resting and did not go out until evening
2) We could say his current actions in the solo-thread are happening on the morning of 19-midwinter, and I can edit the handful of places where I said it was evening.