OHR Game List - Requesting Help

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Valkayree
Slime

Post by Valkayree »

I never finished Endless Evil and due to a hardware failure I lost the only copy about fifteen years ago. Sorry about that.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Ne ne ne ne ne NECRO'd

This thread was closing in on a decade of inactivity.
Nice. :v:

I wouldn't worry about this list. I'm pretty sure the hamster wheel stopped being a thing years and years ago.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Actually, I still care about this list, even though the first version of The Hamster Wheel, which had comprehensive lists of games, articles, authors and contest, is gone forever.

This list of games appears to be based on Charbile's biglist. Most of the games on it are vanished.
Well, that's some closure for at least one game.
So Charbile put announced but unreleased games on his list?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Valkayree wrote:I never finished Endless Evil and due to a hardware failure I lost the only copy about fifteen years ago. Sorry about that.
Rya told me that he was working on the game too and still has a copy somewhere.
(He only posts on Castle Paradox.)
Last edited by TMC on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rinkuhero
Slime

Post by rinkuhero »

i remember playing some of those games but no i no longer have copies of them;

i think you do know about this list though? i put this up long ago: http://rinku.castleparadox.com/Ohrhits/

also, if anyone has a copy of monterey penguin i randomly desired to play that game again! would it be on the archive of operation ohr site? does anyone have a link to that archive?
<a href="http://studioeres.com">Radical Poesis Games & Creations</a>
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

It's on CP: http://castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=64 (copied over from Op:OHR)

I'm very slowly working on an OHR game archive, but it's still far from being officially launched. It's already useful for finding games though there are many sources, such as RPG Online, still missing. Your Ohrhits is included (it's a very important source!) Is that Ohrhits collection the only collection of old OHR games you still have?

BTW, that game you were looking for, Penumbra, I did manage to find more info about the game, I found yet another website on archive.org. Sailor Solathei's website was hosted on about 4 different servers, it's very hard to find them all. All that I found were a few concept art sketches and more info on characters. Unfortunately I didn't save a link, sorry.
Last edited by TMC on Wed May 09, 2018 3:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
rinkuhero
Slime

Post by rinkuhero »

good, thanks for the link! i did check CP before posting but oddly couldn't find it. its ordering of games isn't the best, like it doesn't seem to be actually alphabetical per letter?

i believe ohr hits includes all the ohrrpgce games i have that are not mine. i used to have much more that i put on a cd, but lost that cd more than 10-15 years ago. if i ever find it i'll be sure to upload them.

i also still have my unfinished ohrrpgce games, in particular, ergintandal (neither here nor there), in a very incomplete state, which i plan to one day remake in another engine. but the ohrrpgce version might one day be released for historical purposes even though it isn't very long or interesting.

also interesting re penumbra, thanks!
Last edited by rinkuhero on Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
<a href="http://studioeres.com">Radical Poesis Games & Creations</a>
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh yes, CP's gamelist is sorted by most recently modified rather than alphabetically... even if you're browsing by initial letter. I'm working on solving the problem of finding games and reviews, but for now Google is the easiest way to find a game. (You can add site:castleparadox.com to the query to search one website)

There are a huge number of games which have been lost, though there are still a couple people who have say they have ancient games on an old computer somewhere. I guess the desire to find those games is mainly just nostalgia though.