Text Box Choice Length

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Text Box Choice Length

Post by TheLordThyGod »

Is there a way to present choices with more than 15 characters of text?

Edit:
It has been brought to my attention that I will likely have to script a menu, which I have not yet attempted. I'll presently be consulting the wiki and plotscripting dictionary to see if I can figure it out on my own, but - as always - I appreciate any sage advice. Thanks!
Attachments
Choice.bmp
Choice.bmp (159.1 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
Last edited by TheLordThyGod on Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...spake The Lord Thy God.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Menus can be opened directly from the text-box's Conditionals.

The menu items can turn tags on and off, just like choiceboxes can. There is also a bitset to make the menu item close the menu when selected

So I think it should be possible to do what you want even without scripting.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I know menus are the better choice at this point, but I'd still love longer choice boxes and/or the ability to position where on the screen the box appears. I've started using menus for some choices, but I've got a couple hundred previous ones that I won't have time to go back and convert to menus.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yes, it would be better if choice boxes could just be longer and more customizable.

We'll have to change the textbox file format first, but that is indeed something that could happen in the future.
TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Post by TheLordThyGod »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Menus can be opened directly from the text-box's Conditionals.

The menu items can turn tags on and off, just like choiceboxes can. There is also a bitset to make the menu item close the menu when selected

So I think it should be possible to do what you want even without scripting.
Thanks, this worked nicely.
...spake The Lord Thy God.